User Avatar Image

What did you do about zombie boy in the beginning?

posted by EvE on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

What was the best option in your opinion? Cause I shot this kid. I just couldn't leave him there as a zombie, cause look, when Lee will turn... well, I would like somebody to kill him too, in that case. It's better to be dead than living dead. And well, I couldn't ask Kenny to shoot this kid after what happened to his son.
I was suprised that only 20% of players killed this child.
What about other options then? Will Kenny shoot him if you choose this option? And what if you just leave him? I guess he'll die anyway somehow, and burying scene is inevitable. I'm just curious what happen if you choose something else than kill him by yourself. and what about stats in other cases.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i told kenny to kill him because i shot duck and i didnt want kenny to be scared of killing zombie kids

• I bashed him with my monkey wrench. I was trying to be pragmatic when it came to ammo conservation (HAH some logic that turned out to be) so I thought the wrench was the best way to go.

I let Kenny do it on my second playthrough though and, as odd as it is, he seemed better for it. He sort of appreciated the vote of confidence and was effectively taking a step on getting over the death of his son.

I've seen a clip of what happens when you use your foot though. That moment is both heartbreaking and harrowing.

• I shot the boy as I'd let Kenny kill duck and it seemed to be the quickest, and safest, way to end his suffering.

• I killed Kenny's son for him, for as Lee said, no parent should have to do that to their own son. But I think for the boy in the attic, Kenny have to face the music, and deal with his demons. I didn't see it as the 'easiest for Lee'. I was trying to have Kenny's back.

• I killed Kenny's son for him, for as Lee said, no parent should have to do that to their own son. But I think for the boy in the attic, Kenny have to face the music, and deal with his demons. I didn't see it as the 'easiest for Lee'. I was trying to have Kenny's back.

• I'm a little surprised by how many people I've seen saying, "I made Kenny do it because I shot Duck." Seems a little cold. As much as I hate Kenny, the guy just lost his family. He's clearly dealing with some serious trauma. Making him relive that just seemed unnecessary.

I did use my trusty spike remover instead of the gun though. No reason to waste a bullet and risk attracting more walkers to kill one that can't really fight back.

• @magodesky said: I'm a little surprised by how many people I've seen saying, "I made Kenny do it because I shot Duck." Seems a little cold. As much as I hate Kenny, the guy just lost his family. He's clearly dealing with some serious trauma. Making him relive that just seemed unnecessary.

I did use my trusty spike remover instead of the gun though. No reason to waste a bullet and risk attracting more walkers to kill one that can't really fight back.

So you think making Kenny kill him isn't right, as it would be re-living the killing of his son, but you won't spare the boy a quick and clean death? I suppose we just have different ideas of what seems cold.

• @Alanz said: So you think making Kenny kill him isn't right, as it would be re-living the killing of his son, but you won't spare the boy a quick and clean death? I suppose we just have different ideas of what seems cold.

The kid's not alive. It's a walker. It's already dead. Just because it looks like a child doesn't mean that's what it is.

Besides, it was pretty quick when I bashed his head in with a spike remover.

• @magodesky said: The kid's not alive. It's a walker. It's already dead. Just because it looks like a child doesn't mean that's what it is.

Besides, it was pretty quick when I bashed his head in with a spike remover.

Regardless of whether it's a walker not, Kenny stated it looks like Duck and is clearly conflicted by it.

Shooting him would be quicker. And don't give me that crap about alerting walkers.

• I wrenched the kid, after seeing Marks great escape at the dairy Im not taking any chances.

Add Comment