User Avatar Image

Is it really too late to amputate?

posted by DinosaurBill on - last edited - Viewed by 779 users

Lee's not showing any serious signs of infection yet (fever, sweating, trouble talking/moving) and the bite didn't seem too deep (IE, Jim getting bit all the way to the bone). Double checked the WD wiki and the people who have had amputations to prevent turning were Allen, Dale, and Morgan. It worked for Dale and Morgan, and Allen very likely died from blood loss due to the amputation.

While I really doubt Lee has any chance of coming out of this alive (and am perfectly content with it), has it been established anywhere how long it takes for a bite to travel from part of the body to the rest and if the severity of the bite has any influence in that?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh my god this is the new Carley thread, just stop!

it is too late to amputate, in the comic someone got his arm amputated and 2 minutes was too late, it spreads faster than snake venom!

• It's never to late to amputate, I'm a civil war doctor and let me tell you it's always the right time to take a limb or two off.

Thanksgiving is around the corner, want to impressive your friends with the weight you lost? chop of a foot, and set that as your center piece, always a crowd-pleaser.

To much time on your shoulders? cut the shoulders off! with less shoulders you should have less time wasting and more time learning the pleasure of being cut with a saw, let the drunken nightmares haunt you for the rest of your days.

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: Oh my god this is the new Carley thread, just stop!

it is too late to amputate, in the comic someone got his arm amputated and 2 minutes was too late, it spreads faster than snake venom!

I'm really fine if Lee dies and I'm not at all upset about it lol. But who was it who got his arm amputated and it was too late? It's been a while since I read the comics and the Walking Dead wiki only led me to the 3 examples I gave (Allen was the only one who died from amputation and it was due to blood loss).

• @Acadias said: It's never to late to amputate, I'm a civil war doctor and let me tell you it's always the right time to take a limb or two off.

Thanksgiving is around the corner, want to impressive your friends with the weight you lost? chop of a foot, and set that as your center piece, always a crowd-pleaser.

It is much easier to squeeze into those old skinny jeans if you only have one leg lol

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

@Acadias said: It's never to late to amputate, I'm a civil war doctor and let me tell you it's always the right time to take a limb or two off.

To much time on your shoulders? cut the shoulders off! with less shoulders you should have less time wasting and more time learning the pleasure of being cut with a saw, let the drunken nightmares haunt you for the rest of your days.

How much are your services?

I would like to amputate my head, but I am worried... If I am not satisfied, might I get a refund?

• Lee probably has a lot of time left to go, considering all other bites were amputated (or large in Jim's case). While he probably won't make it he will probably get enough time to find Clem and hopefully get some goodbyes.

• The bite doesn't spread the infection, so yes you can amputate at anytime.

The bite kills you because of blood loss and germ infection (rotting teeth into your bloodstream isn't exactly sanitary) so technically Lee can still chop it off.

But then he'd have to find a way to stop his new nub from bleeding out.

• Well if you ask me. Christa has been showing signs of her being bitten and maybe its alot slower to spread in full grown adults. I mean i never have read the comics but from what the video game shows. No adult has died from a bite. The only person to die was duck but he was a child and we actually never saw him turn and it was a bullet that killed him not the actual bite.

• @Thadeum said: How much are your services?

I would like to amputate my head, but I am worried... If I am not satisfied, might I get a refund?

Of course we aim to please, if you don't feel satisfied with your amazing life changing surgery we will of course refund you, and give your entire family a free coupon to our services.

upon receiving coupon you agree to mandatory surgery, within 7 days.

• I'm not sure. Lee looked like he had a headache when looking for Vernon in the morgue after his bite. Whether that's because of his bite or just because he doesn't know what to do next remains to be seen.

Add Comment