User Avatar Image

Annoying connection issues

posted by jamc on - last edited - Viewed by 275 users

I gotta put a rant on this forum ... I'm sure dozens of other paying customers have the same issue:

18 times out of 20, this damn programm says either I don't have the required license to play the game or I can't download Part 4 of The Walking Dead because of some "Lost connection"

This really sucks big time.

I wonder if and when TT will fix this recurring problem !

5 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

I do apologize for this problem. We are aware that a small number of players are experiencing this issue, and we are currently investigating a solution. Please ensure you have a strong internet connection and are logged into your Telltale account before attempting the download again. Also, you can try connecting to another network and/or resetting your router/modem.

• It's nothing to do with the internet connection. I am able to connect to 2 separate internet connections and the result is the same on both. I can connect through wifi or ethernet and the result is the same. I can monitor my internet connection, it does not drop. It's been up for days and yet when attempting to download episode 4 it will get so far, tell me I have lost internet connection and then when I retry it drop the %age complete back to 10% i.e. like jamc, I cannot play episode 4.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

The issue you are experiencing was patched last week, however if you managed to start your Episode 4 download before the patch went live, then you will still experience this issue. To fix it, please navigate yo our Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead folder and delete the SyncFS folder. Now restart the game and re-download episode 2-4, starting with 4. If you still experience this issue with Episode 4, you will need to remove the entire Walking Dead folder. This will also remove your save games. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Re-download episode 2-4? What does that mean? Download episodes 2,3 and 4, starting with episode 4? Do I need to download episodes 2 and 3 if I've already finished them?

This will also remove your save games

So I should back them up first and copy them back over after I reinstall?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

If the issue is still experienced after the first step, then your prefs file is likely corrupted and cannot be used with your saves. If you have an older working copy of this file, you can copy it into your save directory and it will most likely work. Otherwise, removing your prefs may be the only way to continue your game.

If you have already completed Episodes 2 and 3, you technically do not need to download these episodes, but you may experience other issues if you try to replay previous episodes or rewind into past save games.

Add Comment