User Avatar Image

Favorite Books

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 539 users

Hi Everyone,
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I have an innocent question for all of you and here it is. What have you been reading lately? and what is your favorite book? This definitely includes Graphic novels.

Dan

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Personally, I like the Bible. Probably the funniest book I'll ever not read. But in all seriousness, I read this Magic the Gathering book a while back, forgot the title, but it was good nonetheless.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i'm in the process of reading Myst: book of Ti'Ana
    i also love graphic novles, my favorite are powers and marvels, pritty much anything ilistrated by alex ross

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm reading Neal Stephenson - The Baroque Cycle at the moment.

He wrote some of my favorite books: Snow Crash and Diamond Age.

Another favorite writer of mine is Stanislaw Lem, especially his Cyberiad-books.

Greg Egan is also very good, his short story Luminous made me re-read the whole story as soon as I finished it! Again and again...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

So DanCon, what are you reading? ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Well, I just finished reading Grail Prince, but that was for a class...I've also recently read R.A. Salvatore's latest, The Two Swords, and I've been trying to finish The Pirate Round (mmm, pirates) since August. I'm something of a fantasy geek, obviously.

As for favorite book...I'd say it was a tie between Anna Karenina and R.A. Salvatore's first DemonWars trilogy (because they're all one book. Really. One big 1,500 page book...okay, no, not really).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

My favourite is Dune by Frank Herbert, but I have also read a little by Isaack Asimov and H. P. Lovecraft.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

just finished "The DaVinci Code" which was amazing! and before that was "The Odyssey", and an extremely interesting non-fiction book called "Stiff: The Secret Lives of Human Cadavers" That was one of the most incredible books i've ever read. It's about what happens when you die and donate your body to "science".... Good stuff

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I would have to say that I don't have a favorite story/book. My favorite author is H. P. Lovecraft and my favorite humorist is Douglas Adams. I'm currently reading Livy's Early History of Rome (translated).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I recently finished the first three books of The Hyperion series by Dan Simmons, I liked the first one the best.

For non fiction I like Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild is my favorite

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

curently im reading Year Of The Golden Ape by Colin Forbes

in some days i will get a great collection of manga B-)

the full Cowboy Bebop manga collection
    5 great manga's B-)
    from tokyopop :p

Add Comment