User Avatar Image

Question about Kenny.

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 496 users

What does it take to get him to come with you to the fallout shelter?

Like does anyone know the specific plot flag that needs to be checked?

I've heard some people say they sided with him the whole time except for with Shaun at the start and he still didn't want to go. But then I've heard other people say that they sided with him up until the meat locker incident and then stopped caring and he didn't want to go either.

So does anyone know how to get this?

I've only got one playthrough so far in which Chris, Omid and Ben are present. But I'm going to do another playthrough because it'd be interesting to see how things play out differently.

So help please?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you tell him Clem was family?

• @Moggyoxys said: Did you tell him Clem was family?

lol no, he just lost his own. I didn't think that was the best way to get him to come. I just stayed silent and hoped the "puppy dog eyes" would make him come around. He did go a bit more rational, but then just stuck to his guns of "you've shown you only look out for yourself. So that's what I'm gonna do."

Edit: Why? Is this how you get him to come with you?

• if you helped his family before, and say that Clem is like your family, he will help you.

• Either say that Clem is your family, or just side with him in the meat locker.

• @RafaelBrasileiro said: if you helped his family before, and say that Clem is like your family, he will help you.

What exactly classifies as "helping his family"?

• In my second save (my "I could have gone the other way" save), I helped Kenny in the meat locker, which made Kenny my buddy. However, I saved Ben in both my saves, which soured him a bit in my buddy save, but if you play the "family" card and tell Kenny to suck it up when he whines about asking Ben to come, then he goes with the group (grudgingly).

• @AsariTears said: What exactly classifies as "helping his family"?

In episode 1 you can help save Duck and help Kenny to deal with Larry at the drugstore.In episode 2 you can feed Duck.
    I didn't do the first, but when I said that Clem is like a family to me, he came to me because I helped his family.

• @RafaelBrasileiro said: In episode 1 you can help save Duck and help Kenny to deal with Larry at the drugstore.In episode 2 you can feed Duck.
    I didn't do the first, but when I said that Clem is like a family to me, he came to me because I helped his family.

True, I think I might just do another playthrough. even before I had any options to talk to him he was like "I don't know why you're looking over here Lee, you haven't exactly ever gone out on a limb for me."

Which is funny, because he said on the train that Katjaa really liked Lee.

• If you have his back most of the time he'll tell you that you've always been there for him, and he would be a terrible friend if he didn't come with you, so he automatically accompanies you. When I did the save where I was still his friend, but saved Ben, I had to tell him Clem was my family but he still came. I think the only way he won't come no matter what is if you hardly ever side with him and generally treat him like shit.

• @Cyreen said: In my second save (my "I could have gone the other way" save), I helped Kenny in the meat locker, which made Kenny my buddy. However, I saved Ben in both my saves, which soured him a bit in my buddy save, but if you play the "family" card and tell Kenny to suck it up when he whines about asking Ben to come, then he goes with the group (grudgingly).

Seriously?

I cannot believe the price for this help is murder... sheesh.

I mean, I made jokes about it... but... sheesh.

Add Comment