User Avatar Image

Looking for zombie survival group!

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 339 users

I'm currently writing a zombie survival book, and looking for ideas for a group that the protagonist joins! If anyone has any ideas for a character that my protagonist can join up with post them here! Any ideas I use I will accredit you in my novel (if published, or made into a blog ect.).

Here is what i'm looking for:

1. Name of your character(s)
2. Back story
3. General description of the character (age, race, eye color, hair color etc)
4. Attitude (are they hopeful? desperate? suicidal?)
5. Any other information you deem useful

I encourage couples, brothers, sisters, family. I'm trying to get a diverse group of people that will cause conflict with each other. Normal everyday people, no Rambos.

If I like your idea I will PM you with more details.

Thanks in advanced!

Check out the first couple chapters in my signature. The final book will be linear and on paper.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So nice! I'll read it for sure. Here's my character, hope you like it:
    Name of the Character: Ana Johnson
    Back story: Ana used to be a a very normal girl. When the "outbreak" started, her family (mom, dad and little brother) was infected and she was forced to kill then to don't die. Since that, she's always running away from everything and everyone. (my description is poor, please make it better if you want)
    General Description: 16 years, caucasian, dark brown eyes, light brown long hair (always tied up in a ponytail) her body is normal (not thin) and she's quite tall (1,67m)
    Attitude: Not very friendly when you meet her, but she's a very sweet and brave girl. She's always trying to help the others, but avoid creating a strong relationship (I would be happy if she had a romance on the story :3 ) she's strong and it's great with a gun.
    Additional info: She loves children, and will protect they with her life if needed, because she alway regret that she couldn't save her brother. Also, she's very protective with anyone else that she loves.

Well, I dunno if that's good, I'm not very creative, so feel free to change anything that you didn't liked ;)

• Great idea :) also welcome to the forums!

• @Motordead said: Great idea :) also welcome to the forums!

Thanks you, also, I registered because of this topic :P

• Welcome SkyPrincess213

1. Silvia Weis
    2. A German intern at the Harrison Memorial Hospital. Silvia is working on her doctorate thesis on comparative medical practices between the U.S. and Germany. She has only been in the U.S. for two months before her first encounter with a walker. Silvia is very strong willed, intelligent, and a team player. She adapts to whatever role is given to her and is naturally fit but not athletic. Her friends would say she is very mature for her age, caring, and fun. Silvia is a very good problem solver, she analyzes every angle before attempting a solution. She also works very well under pressure, an invaluable trait in the medical field, but lately she is more hesitant as she fears the unknown (walkers). Due to this new stress she has become very homesick, but in time she will adapt and can be a very useful ally.
    3. 25 years old, Caucasian, brown eyes, blonde hair
    4. Optimistic but very cautious
    5. Could be used as your group medic. Willing to help anyone and has a natural nurturing personality. Has a German accent but speaks English pretty well.

I also plan on writing some fanfiction sometime. I wouldn't say I'm a writer but I do like to write from time to time. Good luck with your story, and let me know if you would like some more ideas, I have plenty brewing :cool:

• Pretty much same here haha. I've always liked writing, and decided to give a zombie novel a shot. :) Like the character!

• If you are planning on publishing it, wouldn´t it bring you some legal trouble to use any of these characters for the book? I mean, you ARE using other people´s ideas.

• @Fabrimuch said: If you are planning on publishing it, wouldn´t it bring you some legal trouble to use any of these characters for the book? I mean, you ARE using other people´s ideas.

I think if any of his material gets into the realm of publishing then he'll have to discuss that with the people he borrowed ideas from.

I don't expect any of my ideas to get published or anything of the sort so I like doing sequels and alternate timelines as well. I was thinking of doing one for TWD probably Telltale's characters.

• It isn't illegal if I have their consent to use the characters, as well as giving them credit in the novel. *IF* it gets published. I am 99% sure it won't be, but it would be nice.

• Name of the Character: Henry Johnson
    Back story: Henry grew up in New Orleans. He became a mechanican and married the girl he have loved since his youth. He had been a happy man until the age of 31. A black thug killed his pregnant wife during a mugging. The thug was arrested but this moment changed Henry absolutely. He didn’t blame the thug himself fort he death of his wife, he blamed all black coloured people for it. Finally he even joined the KuKluxKlan and his life was full of hate. Nobody knows how many unguilty black people he has already killed but himself but finally he got arrested. It was during a prisoner transport when another truck hit their transporter. Henry don’t want to tell what happened there exactly but it was the beginning oft he outbreak and he survived to continue his quest. Killig the murderer of his wife, even if he isn’t a human anymore.
    General Description: 40 years old; caucasian; 180cm; skinny; bald-headed; full of scars
    Attitude: very unfriendly to people which aren’t caucasian; don’t speak a lot; aggressiv; tries to become the leader oft he group if he gets the chance
    Additional info: mechanican; average intellect but manipulative; can deffend himself very well; if you choose to add such an asshole character to your story it would give you the chance to add more interpersonal stuff in your story; it would be a nice story if a black man would finally get his best friend or such a thing ;) or you could let him die as an asshole.

I apologize for my bad English, expecially if my words were political incorrect (I’m not a native speaker). If you are interested, I could create a lot of characters but I wouldn’t create one without a „dark“ backgroundstory (it’s boring otherwise)
    Anyway good luck, writing your story.

• @Sodawasser said: Name of the Character: Henry Johnson
    Back story: Henry grew up in New Orleans. He became a mechanican and married the girl he have loved since his youth. He had been a happy man until the age of 31. A black thug killed his pregnant wife during a mugging. The thug was arrested but this moment changed Henry absolutely. He didn’t blame the thug himself fort he death of his wife, he blamed all black coloured people for it. Finally he even joined the KuKluxKlan and his life was full of hate. Nobody knows how many unguilty black people he has already killed but himself but finally he got arrested. It was during a prisoner transport when another truck hit their transporter. Henry don’t want to tell what happened there exactly but it was the beginning oft he outbreak and he survived to continue his quest. Killig the murderer of his wife, even if he isn’t a human anymore.
    General Description: 40 years old; caucasian; 180cm; skinny; bald-headed; full of scars
    Attitude: very unfriendly to people which aren’t caucasian; don’t speak a lot; aggressiv; tries to become the leader oft he group if he gets the chance
    Additional info: mechanican; average intellect but manipulative; can deffend himself very well; if you choose to add such an asshole character to your story it would give you the chance to add more interpersonal stuff in your story; it would be a nice story if a black man would finally get his best friend or such a thing ;) or you could let him die as an asshole.

I apologize for my bad English, expecially if my words were political incorrect (I’m not a native speaker). If you are interested, I could create a lot of characters but I wouldn’t create one without a „dark“ backgroundstory (it’s boring otherwise)
    Anyway good luck, writing your story.

I like this, it gives a darker background, which is what a story always needs :)

Add Comment