User Avatar Image

Will Clem Go Insane?

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 512 users

I'm reading TWD Compendium Volume 2. A common theme so far is that the children are going insane; Carl, Ben, Sophia, are all losing it because of the deaths and trauma they've endured.

Will TTG follow the same path and allow Clem to drft into insanity?

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • carls not insane? hes a realist. although a little bit of a sociopath at this point, but i would not say that hes flying the cookoo's nest.

also sophia isnt insane either, read further ull find out.

only one who really lost it was ben.

• @Zhombre said: carls not insane? hes a realist. although a little bit of a sociopath at this point, but i would not say that hes flying the cookoo's nest.

Hate to disagree but everyone is going fucking insane in the comics. Who wouldn't. but i will say that they are all equally fucking nuts and so the children are actually normally by the standards set by adults:p

• Clem is not a "Carl" character. She is probably the most "normal" out of the whole group. Lee's decisions are not immediately changing her; she is "absorbing" his decisions which will impact her future. Which is why I love her character. She comes out of the whole stereotypical "children in TWD grow and become insane" process.

-Now, I would really like to see whether or not she retains her innocence after she finds out her parents are dead...

• @Zhombre said: carls not insane? hes a realist. although a little bit of a sociopath at this point, but i would not say that hes flying the cookoo's nest.

Carl is killing people, and enjoying it... I think he's pretty f-ing nuts...

• I think anyone who finds themselves in a ZA would lose it to some degree.
    Carl may still be a kid, but in his world losing a bit of what you once were and becomming a bit heartless is a survival trait!

Still, he needs to understand he cant run off solo, like Clem shouldnt be crawling through doggie doors by herself.

• Carl's become a realist and a slight psychopath, but he's not crazy.

Sophia is actually pretty normal compared to everyone else.

We don't learn much about Billy.

Ben? He F*cking lost his shit :D

• ...I managed to endure several F's in school.
    Without. A. Single. Tear.

• I hope not, but you never know, if they did it right then it would be really good, but written the wrong way, it will be shit!

The finale episode needs to be good otherwise they will convince people not to buy season 2

• @dankirk said: Carl is killing people, and enjoying it... I think he's pretty f-ing nuts...

carl never enjoyed killing people in the comics, when he kills shane he cries secretly for months, same with ben... as far as i know he doesnt kill other people? ive read up to issue 100.

Killing zombies is a whole different matter. Id say hes indifferent/ cold not crazy with blood lust. He just knows hes gotta be strong to stay alive.

Add Comment