Menu
User Avatar Image

Did you let Ben Drop?

posted by fusedmass BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I did. I mean he caused the deaths of like four people.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He was responsible for the deaths of Duck, Katjaa, Carley/Doug, Chuck, and Brie as well as giving me high blood pressure...seriously, like I said before, when the group was planning to raid Crawford I was desperate for the chance to tell Ben to stay behind since I knew he'd screw it up although I didn't expect it would be in such a stupid fashion. Dropped him without a second though, he gained some respect with me in the end since he seemed to understand what a disaster his presence has been, but in a ZA, I can't afford to take care of disasters. @trd84 said: no he didn'tC'mon, even Ben himself knew he was.

• Ben thinks he was but Lee had the bandits talked down and were going to leave after agreeing to another arrangement. Lily then shot at the bandits. That caused the motel to be attacked by bandits and walkers. Lily shot Doug/Carley. Kat killed herself. Chuck chose to stay behind and keep the walkers back from the group.

Yeah he got Brie killed.

• Dropped him like a bad habit.

• @trd84 said: Ben thinks he was but Lee had the bandits talked down and were going to leave after agreeing to another arrangement. Lily then shot at the bandits. That caused the motel to be attacked by bandits and walkers. Lily shot Doug/Carley. Kat killed herself. Chuck chose to stay behind and keep the walkers back from the group.

And that whole mess could've been averted if Ben didn't let the bandits walk into the motel without warning and told everyone how the bandits pushed that deal onto him ASAP like any member of a group should. Kat killed herself because Duck got bit which happened because Lee's group was fighting a battle without the wall to protect them thanks to Ben. Lilly shot Carley/Doug because learning of a traitor within her group sent her already unstable mind off the deep-end. Chuck wouldn't even have had to fight those walkers if Ben simply grabbed Clem's hand before running. Ultimately, every death the group suffers in Ep. 3 and 4 minus Lee can be traced back to Ben.

• @fusedmass said: I did. I mean he caused the deaths of like four people.

Only in my Kenny's BFF save slot.

• @Phoenix VII said: And that whole mess could've been averted if Ben didn't let the bandits walk into the motel without warning and told everyone how the bandits pushed that deal onto him ASAP like any member of a group should. Kat killed herself because Duck got bit which happened because Lee's group was fighting a battle without the wall to protect them thanks to Ben. Lilly shot Carley/Doug because learning of a traitor within her group sent her already unstable mind off the deep-end. Chuck wouldn't even have had to fight those walkers if Ben simply grabbed Clem's hand before running. Ultimately, every death the group suffers in Ep. 3 and 4 minus Lee can be traced back to Ben.

If lily didn't lose her cool the bandits would have left without incident.

• You know in a way Ben was protecting the entire group, the bandits wouldn't have let the group survive without getting something from them to "pay" for that safety (kind of like the maffia collecting protection money in exchange for not torching your business and beating the shit out of you). The only mistake he made was in not telling the group about the arrangement in the first place.

• @trd84 said: If lily didn't lose her cool the bandits would have left without incident.

Meh, I'd give her half the blame at most, the whole incident happened suddenly, she was probably acting on adrenaline, and probably never even thought it possible that Lee could de-escalate things by talking. But, yes, her shooting the bandit was a bad decision. @trd84 said: The only mistake he made was in not telling the group about the arrangement in the first place.Sad thing about ZAs is that even one mistake can cause an epic screw-up, in fact that's the thing that scares me most about Disaster Ben...trying to do a secret deal leads to 3 deaths, Lilly going off the deep-end, Kenny losing his family, and Lee's group losing all the food and supplies that they left at the motel; running without grabbing Clem's hand leads to Chuck's death; grabbing the hatchet from the door leads to Brie's death and could've easily enough resulted in the death of the entire group. Ben makes the simplest mistakes but they always result in catastrophe, and that's why he scared me more than the walkers, St. Johns, and radio-dude.

• I didn't drop him. Seems like he learned his lesson when he begged Lee to drop him. Maybe he'll become more useful in episode 5, who knows? I'm really anxious to see the whole Kenny/Ben drama play out more.

Add Comment