User Avatar Image

The boat

posted by Tracerhaha on - last edited - Viewed by 371 users

How are they going to get the boat to the water? With the city overrun by the walker herd, are they going to drag it by hand to the water? Once they reach the water they'll need a boat ramp, otherwise the boat will end up like the othe one. what will they do then?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Simple answer: they won't. If you left people at the house and they went to put the boat on the water, I'm betting they'll end up eaten alive. And the pic for episode 5 shows Clem in a field, not in the city or on the water, so maybe they get out of the city but not by the boat.

• I always wonder why "the boat" option is always the goal in zombie flicks. What about food and water once out in the sea?

It seems so..un thought out...like very reactionary.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: I always wonder why "the boat" option is always the goal in zombie flicks. What about food and water once out in the sea?

It seems so..un thought out...like very reactionary.

Yeah, and what about gas? I am no boat expert, but don´t they need gas?
    And once they are far out on the atlantic, then what? The boat is pretty small, they can´t live on it forever...They probably just drive down the river and find some "new cool place" :D

• From expirence, with a 30' boat on a trailer, 1-2 people can lift the tongue and steady it on the wheels, then just push it (hoping no hill's).
    I would find a way being so close to the water and having found a boat.

• Lee is fucking smart, he can do something to bring that boat to the river, they could use there hands then when they reach to the water, and then they could use some kind of piece of a wood and place it as a ramp so the boat goes down easily to the water.

• @TheGreatRobin said: Yeah, and what about gas? I am no boat expert, but don´t they need gas?
    And once they are far out on the atlantic, then what? The boat is pretty small, they can´t live on it forever...They probably just drive down the river and find some "new cool place" :D

Kenny is a fisherman, he wants to get to his fishing boat, large enough for a group, and hauls in food. staying close to the shoreline will ensure you never get too far out to sea with no fuel, also you can harbor up and restock goods and travel till you find an island and begin inhabitating it. Boat provides much much needed piece of mind in a zombie apocalypse. You find one military naval base, bam youve got food and supplies for ages for your group. I support the boat.

• Just something I'd like to point out, not really important or anything. So, Clem finds a boat in the shed for the whole group to get out of Savannah. After Ben confesses he was the one making the deal with the bandits and Kenny tries to attack him, he says "if this asshole thinks he's getting on MY boat...", I picked up on that while watching some videos and I just thought it was a little weird... Kenny is in fact the only one who knows how a boat works, but that doesn't mean it's his boat, it's something for the whole group (yes, that includes Ben) to use... but meh, it's probably nothing, just thought I'd share it.

• @Viser said: Just something I'd like to point out, not really important or anything. So, Clem finds a boat in the shed for the whole group to get out of Savannah. After Ben confesses he was the one making the deal with the bandits and Kenny tries to attack him, he says "if this asshole thinks he's getting on MY boat...", I picked up on that while watching some videos and I just thought it was a little weird... Kenny is in fact the only one who knows how a boat works, but that doesn't mean it's his boat, it's something for the whole group (yes, that includes Ben) to use... but meh, it's probably nothing, just thought I'd share it.

He probably says that since it was his plan from the jump and it was his work that makes the boat usable.

• Kenny was probably just pissed, and if the boat actually WERE to belong to anyone in the group, it would be Kenny. It might be, after so much shit going wrong, the boat is the only thing he has left from his old life since Kat and Duck died? He had a boat then, and even though it isn't the same one it's still a boat. I had no problem with him saying it was his, honestly.

And, I really don't think that the group would actually LIVE on the boat. They would probably just head up and down the coastline scavenging food and fuel from costal cities and towns, and find some safer place near the water so that they always have access to the boat in case of an emergency. At least that's what I'd do. And using a boat to get places is probably a lot safer than walking or driving, provided that your destination can actually be REACHED by a boat of course.

• I'm thinking that whoever you brang will be with you to help save Clem. Once you save clem and once you go back there might be an option to take the boat? After playing a few times I'm really starting to see the choices mattering now.

Add Comment