User Avatar Image

Ben and the 66ers

posted by deadwalkingthe on - last edited - Viewed by 372 users

Oh, come on. 66% of you saved Ben. Really???

I think it was the most satisfying part of this game watching that zombie hanging from the bell drag scrawny Ben to his death.

Ya, I was thinking about letting the kid redeem himself for all of the dumb things he'd done. Riiiiight until he removed that hatchet that was holding the door closed. Then it was, "Kid, you're dead, first chance we get."

Don't worry, I told Clementine that I did all I could for Ben. (All I could do to savor the moment that is.)

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Like I feel for any human, I couldn't just let someone die I knew I could help, even if they did deserve it. At least with Ben we know he is loyal to our group, including the bandit situation, because he had the groups best interest in mind when he made that deal. Finding someone loyal in these times are tough, heck I would expect him to betray me as much as I would expect Kenny, Christa, or Omid to end up siding with the Radio Man. The group that I have right now is pretty solid, and allowing for a kid to fully redeem himself sounds justified.

• I'm not a kid murderer, so I let him live. And he said he was going to be help in Episode 5, and I think he will be to redeem himself.

• @deadwalkingthe said: Oh, come on. 66% of you saved Ben. Really???

I think it was the most satisfying part of this game watching that zombie hanging from the bell drag scrawny Ben to his death.

Ya, I was thinking about letting the kid redeem himself for all of the dumb things he'd done. Riiiiight until he removed that hatchet that was holding the door closed. Then it was, "Kid, you're dead, first chance we get."

Don't worry, I told Clementine that I did all I could for Ben. (All I could do to savor the moment that is.)

Well when GZ with you big lie to Clem.. Good Job!

• the thing is:
    in a zombie apocalypse would you really kill people instead of the dead?
    the dead don't go anywhere, the die once, resurrect and comeback as the dead.
    killing people makes you more alone in a world like that.

• I pressed the wrong button and he fell, I really didn't like some of his decisions within the group, but he didn't deserve to die, I felt like shit after I killed him, I panicked and pressed the wrong button because I was shaking so much. He is a bit stupid and dumb, and as for leaving Clementine in the middle of all those zombies when you arrive in Savannah, I never really forgave him for that, but he is a teenager, and at that age, you make hard and fast decisions without thinking. I am playing without replays because I want to have to live with my decisions. I do agree that his decisions are bad and pulling the hatchet from the door was another stupid thing he did, because surely he would of seen the zombies swarming outside the door. I don't think that Ben was to blame when he started supplying the bandits with the food etc, because it was in the best interest of the group, he wanted them to lay off but when they didn't receive the supply's he left outside the motor inn, they got aggressive he never meant to get those people killed, I still hate him for that, because let's face it, he should of shown some balls and spoke up, but his cowardice led to her death no matter how you look at it, Lilly had, had enough of Carley and she didn't like her from the start, so she jumped to conclusions and killed her.

People will disagree with this but he did cause the deaths of loads of people! And he admitted it was his fault for Carley's death because on the train he said it was him who was giving the bandits all the supplies and he said he should of said something (or along those lines) and he indirectly caused the deaths of Duck and Katjaa, although, Katjaa took too long to run across the parking lot to the RV so in a way it was her fault for taking so long and by being so slow she got Duck bitten.

• @TWDFTW said: I pressed the wrong button and he fell, I really didn't like some of his decisions within the group, but he didn't deserve to die, I felt like shit after I killed him, I panicked and pressed the wrong button because I was shaking so much. He is a bit stupid and dumb, and as for leaving Clementine in the middle of all those zombies when you arrive in Savannah, I never really forgave him for that, but he is a teenager, and at that age, you make hard and fast decisions without thinking. I am playing without replays because I want to have to live with my decisions. I do agree that his decisions are bad and pulling the hatchet from the door was another stupid thing he did, because surely he would of seen the zombies swarming outside the door. I don't think that Ben was to blame when he started supplying the bandits with the food etc, because it was in the best interest of the group, he wanted them to lay off but when they didn't receive the supply's he left outside the motor inn, they got aggressive he never meant to get those people killed, I still hate him for that, because let's face it, he should of shown some balls and spoke up, but his cowardice led to her death no matter how you look at it, Lilly had, had enough of Carley and she didn't like her from the start, so she jumped to conclusions and killed her.

People will disagree with this but he did cause the deaths of loads of people! And he admitted it was his fault for Carley's death because on the train he said it was him who was giving the bandits all the supplies and he said he should of said something (or along those lines) and he indirectly caused the deaths of Duck and Katjaa, although, Katjaa took too long to run across the parking lot to the RV so in a way it was her fault for taking so long and by being so slow she got Duck bitten.

he wanted to be let go, he wanted to fall to his death.
    he has BALLLZZZ OF STEEL

• @TheNNerdGamer said: he wanted to be let go, he wanted to fall to his death.
    he has BALLLZZZ OF STEEL

Yeah, he had in this situation, but some of the other times, he was a complete weak minded fool. And then when he fell, he started shouting Lee help, if he was that bullsey he would of faced the facts that he was dropped XD I don't really know how to look at it, he was strong in the final scene (if you dropped him) but other times he reacted like a bumbling fool. It is down to opinion and it is very difficult to judge, but if you dropped him you would have reasons behind it, and if you didn't then you will have reasons for it as well.

• @TWDFTW said: Yeah, he had in this situation, but some of the other times, he was a complete weak minded fool. And then when he fell, he started shouting Lee help, if he was that bullsey he would of faced the facts that he was dropped XD I don't really know how to look at it, he was strong in the final scene (if you dropped him) but other times he reacted like a bumbling fool. It is down to opinion and it is very difficult to judge, but if you dropped him you would have reasons behind it, and if you didn't then you will have reasons for it as well.

anyone, even the most suicidal people would be scared to fall to your death

• @TheNNerdGamer said: anyone, even the most suicidal people would be scared to fall to your death

Yeah, like in doctor who (if your American there is a good chance you haven't watched it) but Amy and Rory (two of the characters) have to die to save the world I guess you could say, so they jump off of this tall building, they wanted to save humanity but were extremely scared, and they held onto each other as they fell which was really sad. Sorry, but I was just relating to what you just said XD. Ben was a good character but I think some of his unintentional actions cost a few lives which I would of rather he hadn't of been so stupid, it made me laugh when he pulled the hatchet it out of the door letting loads of zombies in, but a bit angry because his stupidity was really starting to wear me thin.

• I had to let him go, he caused too many problems for the group and is a liability. No one caused more deaths in the group than Ben and he never does what you ask anyways, so what is the point of having him in the group?

Add Comment