User Avatar Image

Cross Statistic Analysis - Doug/Ben decision.

posted by NeonBlade on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

So far we know that 76% of the Misandrists, Traditionalists, Feminists, and Sex Crazed Primates chose Carley in Episode 1, and only 23% chose to save Doug.

What I would love to see is the breakdown of those that saved Doug, when he died in his scenario with Ben.

How many of the those that saved Doug, chose to pull Ben up in the Bell Tower. I think that would be an interesting dynamic to analyse the psychology behind that decision.

I saved Doug and pulled Ben up....how many others did the same?

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saved Carley and pulled Ben up

• I saved Carley, because she has a gun (Doug has nothing which could really help much, although I played on the iPad and if you save him he creates these bell things when the St John brothers are coming down the road, it alerts you so you all duck down and hide) and she said she would conceal your secret from the rest of the group, and she saved your ass when you first arrive in Macon and your about to be killed by the zombies, despite the fact she was told not to and went against Lilly's orders which I thought was big of her.

I dropped Ben because I pressed the wrong button, I wanted to pull him up, because I figured I could use an extra pair of hands and I wasn't going to give him the nobility just like that, he deserves to live and feel guilt. But I was shocked, panicking and I was shaking like shit, I pressed the wrong button and he fell, I was like 'nononoooo!!!!'

• @Degenerate10 said: I saved Carley and pulled Ben up

Same here. When I do my second playthrough I am saving Doug and letting Ben drop.

• I think it's a bit disrespectful to call those who saved Carley all those adjectives, but I saved Doug and pulled Ben up. But the fact that I saved him probably has to do with watching an episode 1 playthrough beforehand, which is what got me to buy the game in the first place. I thought it was unfair that the majority of people had saved Carley and left Doug to die, so I thought I'd save him because I imagined he'd be just as awesome as Carley. Don't regret it one bit. But had I not watched the playthrough, I'd probably have saved Carley thinking she'd be able to shoot the walkers on Doug.

• On my first playthrough, I saved Doug - because I simply thought he would be more useful to me than Carley. I also chose to save Shawn instead of Duck for the same reason and I saved Ben because to drop him would be the same as murdering him in cold blood. I've gone back and done everything different in my second game, except, I always save Ben. There's no justification to drop him ever, it's just not right.

• Thank you for insulting everyone who saved Carley just because they made a different choice than you did OP.

I dropped Ben for a number of reasons, that I have stated many times in other threads that I don't feel like typing them all up again, but suffice to say it was, in fact, NOT (gasp!) for revenge, or because I thought he was useless, or because I didn't like his dirty clothes.

• I saved Doug and I pulled Ben up. Nice implications about people who saved Carley, though! As much as I don't like Carley as a character, I completely understand why people save her, and it's not always, or even often, for those reasons.

• @slough said: I saved Doug and I pulled Ben up. Nice implications about people who saved Carley, though! As much as I don't like Carley as a character, I completely understand why people save her, and it's not always, or even often, for those reasons.

bromance :eek:
    just kidding

• @Rock114 said: Thank you for insulting everyone who saved Carley just because they made a different choice than you did OP.

I dropped Ben for a number of reasons, that I have stated many times in other threads that I don't feel like typing them all up again, but suffice to say it was, in fact, NOT (gasp!) for revenge, or because I thought he was useless, or because I didn't like his dirty clothes.

Ben seems to relate to teens.
    teens can be stupid, annoying,and cheezy.
    those are the things Ben IS.
    he seems to be between 15 to 20.
    his indirect killings was for stupidity, which all comes down to teen years.

• @TheNNerdGamer said: bromance :eek:
    just kidding

Bromance with Doug? I've already got a sweet one going with Kenny.

Add Comment