User Avatar Image

"I don't believe in strength in numbers"

posted by Kaserkin on - last edited - Viewed by 217 users

So this is my first post on the forum and I wanted to know what you people think of this phrase Christa said in ep3. I think she is kind of right because Lee's group only had problems when they were all together while Omid and Christa handled themselves pretty well.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think they just got really lucky and didnt have to deal with half the crap we did. Think about it, if they ran into some bandits instead of our gang on the train, they would probably have been shot. They were far too trusting and far too quick to accept us into the gang. Im not even sure if they had guns when we first met them and if they did, they should have been pointed at us.

    Numbers means that you're group can have a variety of skills. The group with more people is more likely to have doctors, mechanics, fishermen, hunters and simple fighters. Also if you run into a group of bandits, numbers would make a huge difference. Provided you have the right people in you're group and they work together well, the more the merrier.

    Also, welcome to the forum :D

  • Yeah you're right, but still Lee's group is full of people that dislike each other like Lilly and Kenny, while a few people have less problems. But for the fact that they have more skills, the only 2 persons that had some really useful ones (Kat and Doug) are dead.

  • The only reason the Macon group didn't work out was because it was split. Kenny and Lilly were each vying for control of the group. If the group had actually been unified, it would probably still be together.

  • It was split because there were to much people that didn't get along, so I still think she was PARTIALLY right. If the group was smaller, like 4-5 persons, it would have been better.

  • A group of 4-5 sounds about right, but im sure loads of fit capable people still have family or friends that they will not leave behind for anything, so you could really easily go over that number. Lilly had Larry, Kenny and Kat had Duck, Lee has Clementine, ect. Also Kenny is a mechanic/fisherman and Lee is a badass. I think its just unfortunate that TT happened to kill most of the useful people in ep 3.

  • @Wrighty said: A group of 4-5 sounds about right, but im sure loads of fit capable people still have family or friends that they will not leave behind for anything, so you could really easily go over that number. Lilly had Larry, Kenny and Kat had Duck, Lee has Clementine, ect. Also Kenny is a mechanic/fisherman and Lee is a badass. I think its just unfortunate that TT happened to kill most of the useful people in ep 3.



    Well if I had to choose my I would have stayed with Kenny and family and leave the other guys, it's not that i don't like them, but the relationship between Lee and Larry and between Kenny and Lilly brought more problems than good.

  • Christa says this, yet stays with Lee's group because of Omid's leg. I'm pretty sure that they would survive much longer if they had not found Lee's group.

    Oh, and welcome to the forums!

  • @Zeruis said: Christa says this, yet stays with Lee's group because of Omid's leg. I'm pretty sure that they would survive much longer if they had not found Lee's group.



    Omid's leg wouldn't have been injured in the first place if they hadn't helped.

    I can see the argument for being only 1 or 2, easier to move, less supplies needed, less responsibility. However, I just don't agree with it.
    To some extent there is strength in numbers, humans have evolved as social animals because it benefits them. The sheer diversity of skills and amount you can get done within a group greatly helps. The only problem with groups is the social aspect, a well drilled unit with a strong leader is far better off than a couple of people.

  • @Ninnuendo said: Omid's leg wouldn't have been injured in the first place if they hadn't helped.

    I can see the argument for being only 1 or 2, easier to move, less supplies needed, less responsibility. However, I just don't agree with it.
    To some extent there is strength in numbers, humans have evolved as social animals because it benefits them. The sheer diversity of skills and amount you can get done within a group greatly helps. The only problem with groups is the social aspect, a well drilled unit with a strong leader is far better off than a couple of people.



    I don't think the group was "a well drilled unit with a strong leader". They are just some random people who stumbled in each other and they didn't collaborate enough to become an efficent group.

  • Yes ... it's interesting that Omid and Christa said that people were better on their own and then immediately recanted when faced with unexpected tragedy. Suddenly they wanted society (Lee's group) to step in and provide healthcare, free of charge.

    Is it a joke about hypocrisy, about people who claim to be self sufficient because they don't have enough imagination to envision a situation where they would need help?

    Or is the joke that Omid and Christa would have been fine if they hadn't compromised their self sufficiency by helping Lee's group?

Add Comment