User Avatar Image

Setup Wizard in Ice Station Santa

posted by Pirateguybrush on - last edited - Viewed by 960 users

Hey, just a quick question:

How do I launch the game and "play" the setup wizard again?

Not that I need to change any settings....I just thought it was funny.:D

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The easiest way is to completely uninstall and then reinstall the game. When it asks if you want to keep your saves and user preferences, say no. (You can first copy your saved games (all files ending with .save) into another folder, if you want to keep them.)

There's also a way to do it by deleting something in the registry, but I don't know exactly what to delete and don't want to advocate messing around in there...

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

Nope it's related to the registry and save games. It's a fun thing but really is designed to just appear once :)

• Will we be seeing that every episode, or will there be something new for the next one?

• Since it now installs into a single directory and start menu folder, I suspect it'll just remember your choices. That would be another pretty nifty feature.

• @Jake said: Nope it's related to the registry and save games. It's a fun thing but really is designed to just appear once :)

Awww, I was hoping to hear them cheer me and my crappy computer again. Seriously, I liked that "we are among friends" comment when I set it to the lowest running settting possible.:D

• This setup wizard is pure genius!

--Erwin

• @Zeek said: Awww, I was hoping to hear them cheer me and my crappy computer again. Seriously, I liked that "we are among friends" comment when I set it to the lowest running settting possible.:D

You can. Apparently it's a registry setting, so you just need to clean out the keys in the registry.

Of course, I don't recommend doing this unless you know what you're doing, because messing around in the registry can completely break your computer.

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

Yeah the wizard was designed as a special treat to see once ever, actually. All your settings are saved between episodes, so if you set episode one to run at full screen on your widescreen monitor, with subtitles off and hints set to level 2, when you boot up episode 202 for the first time, it'll come right up into the game with those exact settings.

The only real way to see the wizard again is to uninstall the game - maybe even including save games. So, the safest way to see it again would be to back up your save games and uninstall completely, then reinstall. But really, the wizard was put in mostly to make people actually spend a little time setting up their PC properly for the rest of the season. I'm glad people are enjoying it as much as they are!

Add Comment