User Avatar Image

Season 2: "when, not if"!

posted by Attenoel on - last edited - Viewed by 548 users

I'm posting this because I saw some speculation about a confirmation of TWD S2 linked to an interview with a key voice talent from the game. Looked into it, but couldn't find it to see/hear for myself. Then I came across this interview with the writer on the latest episode, in which they ask:
[Q.]Assuming The Walking Dead is as much of a finacial success as it has been with critics, what are the odds that we might see a Walking Dead Season 2 from you guys at some point in the future?

[A.]Season Two is definitely happening; it’s a matter of when, not if.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/walking-dead-episode-4-writer-gary-whitta-discusses-romance-death-and-the-imminent-season-two/#ixzz2BHNqtZ44

Really exciting news. I've thoroughly enjoyed TWD so far, and the last episode may be out soon which I'm really looking forward to!

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It has been known for long that they will create a season 2

  • @Ilovecakes said: It has been known for long that they will create a season 2

    This, lol.

  • Looked into it, but couldn't find it to see/hear for myself.

    sourced or nothing.

  • rachel, thanks for your helpful post.

    That edge interview was also very interesting. When I decided to post, one of the questions I had that I wanted most to find solid info that there might be while I was reading the boards, was the likelihood of any s2. I was thrilled to see the news I found, along with the point that TWD has proved to be really popular in terms of sales. :) In the event that somebody searches for info here in future about season 2, perhaps they will find what they're looking for sooner under this heading, than "a couple of TWD interviews", which to the searcher browsing results, could reasonably cover anything.

  • this made me want to create a thread titled
    Episode 5 if, not when lmao

  • It took me ages to find it the first time, even though I've posted on it xD. Had to go searching through all my posts again x.x

    I like the 'imminent' bit, hopefully it means a season 2 will be made sooner, rather than in a couple of years. I'm going to keep hoping^-^

  • @rachellouise85 said: It took me ages to find it the first time, even though I've posted on it xD. Had to go searching through all my posts again x.x

    I like the 'imminent' bit, hopefully it means a season 2 will be made sooner, rather than in a couple of years. I'm going to keep hoping^-^

    The TV show could be dead in 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen in the first half of next year. Time is money, and with something like this, to maximize profits timING is also key. Season 2 might pop up right around the same time Season 1 did.

  • @Jokieman said: The TV show could be dead in 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen in the first half of next year. Time is money, and with something like this, to maximize profits timING is also key. Season 2 might pop up right around the same time Season 1 did.


    The TV show won't be dead in 2 years because they are still writing the comics and will be until about issue 300. They are only a little passed 100 in the comics right now.

  • @HelloCthulhu said: The TV show won't be dead in 2 years because they are still writing the comics and will be until about issue 300. They are only a little passed 100 in the comics right now.

    Kirkman could be writing comics 20 years from now. Do you honestly believe the TV show will last that long? heh.

    The TV show will only last as long as millions of viewers keep watching. That could be one year, or five years.

    I believe most Television shows run an average of 4-7 years these days. With the majority only lasting a season or two, and then some running for a decade + 1-2 years.

    Raymond lasted 9 years. Supernatural is in it's 8th season. I think Mash lasted 10 or 11 years. CSI Miami made 11 years? With shows like Terra Nova lasting less than a season, Missing that lasted less than a season, etc.

Add Comment