15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yeah. totally agree with your post:)

• three words:

yes, yes, yes.

Exactly. Yes. Totally. I'm glad I didn't just imagine it, Max is filling out as Max again.
    I really hope TT keeps portraying Max that way, and I hope Sam gets some of his more dignified personality back. Sam was always calmer than max, and often had a more complicated vocabulary. What's your take on that, saber?

• @mish said: three words:

yes, yes, yes.

Exactly. Yes. Totally. I'm glad I didn't just imagine it, Max is filling out as Max again.
    I really hope TT keeps portraying Max that way, and I hope Sam gets some of his more dignified personality back. Sam was always calmer than max, and often had a more complicated vocabulary. What's your take on that, saber?

For me, it is hard to say about TT Sam's protrayal since the voice actor plays TT Sam quite well and the way TT seems to write him seems to fit the way he is protrayed like the LA games. He does seems that he is missing the complicated vocab in the TT games, but I hope that if TT intergrates it in their games, they do not overdo it like the cartoon.

As for my complaints about the TT Sam's voice, I just wished the voice actor phrases out the "Holy...." and "You crack me up little buddy" sentences with a bit more emotion since it sounded monotone in Ice Station Santa and I would assume he would sound suprise saying the holy phrase; it is a trivial thing though.

I am happy that Sam doesn't sound/written as some sort of a bafoon like how the cartoon makes him out to be. It seems that Max is a harder character for writers/actors to capture. I mean in the early S&M episodes, Max seems to be closer to the cartoon version than the comics/LA versions whereas he acts like a little child obsessed with cheese as oppose to mayhem and violence.

• I love reading your thoughts, it's like reading my own.

Both Sam and Max are hard personalities to capture perfectly in my opinion. Considering they're fictional/cartoon characters, they have a set of very specific traits that make up their characters.

I agree with TT Sam's voice being monotone sometimes, but I must admit, TT sam's voice is embedded in my head quite a bit, to the extent that it really fits the character and sometimes i forget what hit the road sam sounds like.

that can't exactly be said about max, because, as you mentioned, he DOES act like a little child, as opposed to something of a semi-homocidal lunatic adult.

it's too bad about the cartoon sam's voice, really does sound like a buffoon. I really wish they hadn't put in that "girl genius" character, but other than that, the show grew on me until i actually saw that it's pretty out there as far as jokes go. You just gotta ignore the fact that they cut a few corners for kids.

• @doom saber said: For me, it is hard to say about TT Sam's protrayal since the voice actor plays TT Sam quite well and the way TT seems to write him seems to fit the way he is protrayed like the LA games.

That's game. Singular.

As hard as it is to believe, the Telltale games will soon make up a more significant chunk of the Sam & Max universe than the original did. Isn't this a wonderful age we live in?

• Sir Lemming, don't be bitter - we grew up on Hit the Road... It's sort of like smelling a food you used to eat as a kid, it just brings up sweet sweet nostalgia....

• Games as in Hit the Road and Freelance Police. (Yes it still exists even though it was cancelled ! :| :P)

• If a game is canceled in a forest..does anyone hear the sound?

Add Comment