User Avatar Image

Unable to download purchased episodes Coming Soon

posted by Ltrain0104 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I have tried all of the fixes listed in the forums including removing and reinstalling the game, restarting the iPad, quitting the app and relaunching, and signing out and back in from Game Center and all episodes are still listed as Coming Soon. I have also tried just waiting to see if this issue would be resolved by an update or fix and it still persists after 3 weeks.

Is there a real fix to this? If not how can I get a refund?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

You will need to shut down the game application, make sure you are logged into the account you used to purchase the Walking Dead, and then re-launch the game. When you do this, you will see a black screen for a few moments. This is normal as an update will need to download. Afterward you should be able to download episode 2 from the in-game episodes menu. If not, please restart the device and try again.

Unfortunately, we can not offer a refund for any purchases made through the iTunes store. You will need to contact iTunes Support for further assistance.

• I have tried everything you listed above but they still say coming soon. It is getting tiresome. I want these episodes. I am addicted. What are y'all doing to fix this bug. IPad 2

• Me too it s the same on my iPad 3. That s pretty frustated. Nobody CAN give us a true solution?

• I have done all the recommendations that I can find on this site, but it's still showing up as "coming soon". This is so annoying! Paying customers have to resort to method that doesn't even work. And they can't even refund the money.

• MattP, this is getting extremely frustrating now. When does Telltale plan on fixing this? It looks like your methods are not working. Customers shouldn't have to put up with this. Can you please tell us when this problem should be fixed? (The next update?).

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

The game needs to connect to our servers to update the episode status to available. We have done numerous tests, and have had no problem with the application updating properly. Please make sure you do not have any programs or settings blocking access to our servers. Also make sure you have a strong internet connection and are logged in to your iTunes account before launching the game again. If you do this and still find the game is not properly connecting, please uninstall and reinstall the base game (Episode 1) through iTunes.

• Hi, I have just purchased the 2-5episodes and it was not working. i tried to follow all advices inthe forum and at the end I uninstalled and reinstalled the application but now it is making me to buy again all episodes. What is going on? Do I have to do anything else to download the episodes? I can not believe what is happening

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

You will need to re-acquire the multi-pack. To do this, you need to log into the account in which you initially purchased the multi-pack and continue the steps to purchase it again. You will be asked to confirm your purchase, and then be notified that you already own the content, and be prompted to download it again. If you are not logged into the account you used to purchase the multi-pack the first time, you will be charged again. Once the multi-pack is re-acquired, you will be able to download other episodes.

• @Cricerrod said: Hi, I have just purchased the 2-5episodes and it was not working. i tried to follow all advices inthe forum and at the end I uninstalled and reinstalled the application but now it is making me to buy again all episodes. What is going on? Do I have to do anything else to download the episodes? I can not believe what is happening

If you already bought the multi-pack, just "buy" it again. A message will pop-up saying that you've purchased it and won't charge you again.

Unfortunately, that method of deleting and re-installing doesn't work. It's still showing up as coming soon. There is nothing that's "blocking access to outside content".

Any other brilliant solution, telltale?

Add Comment