User Avatar Image

Game keeps reverting back to episode 1

posted by CamTheWoot on - last edited - Viewed by 863 users

Just to get this out of the way, I love this game and for me it's game of the year but recently ever time I try to play a save file I am reverted back to episode 1 and this didn't happen just once. 8 freaking time I have played through the game now the furthest I have got so far because of it is when you talk to Chuck on the train. This is only recently I have beaten episode 4 (I also have the achievement glitch.) Please can I have a fix for this I am a huge fan of the game and I have played every episode on release and I just don't have the time to beat the game another few times. I am using the xbox 360 version and I have downloaded the recent patch.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

We are still ivnestigating this issue and hope to find a solution soon. Can you please give me some more detail on what you did before experiencing this issue? For instance, did this occur during gameplay, loading a save or otherwise? If after loading a save, how did you shut down the last time you played? Did you use the Pause Menu, Main Menu, or the Xbox Home button? Any detail will greatly help. Thank you.

• Matt appreciate the prompt reply.

This occurred in all instances when I was starting the game up from attempting to load my last save. It breaks at the same spot, too, as described above. I always shut down pause menu > exit game.

That help?

Brian

• I am having the same issue.. I was at the point in Chapter 3 when you come across the train blocking the way. I entered the boxcar and decided to stop playing.. I shut off my xbox by exiting the game through the start menu and closing the xbox from the dashboard.

When revisiting my game it said continue under Chapter 3.. when I clicked continue it started chapter 1..

Please help.. I do not want to lose my progress.

• i recently purchased episode 3 of the walking dead, i played through a bulk of the episode, reached an autosave and decided to finish the next day, the next day i went to start chapter 3 and the game reverted me all the way back to chapter 1 i tried getting back my progress several times until the game started chapter 3 from the beginning i decided this was better than playing whole game from the beginning so i replayed the chapter i shut it off again and the next time i started it kept reverting me back to chapter what the heck, i hate the walking dead the i find the show and the comic boring but i love this game but this glitch makes your wonderful product a waste of time effort and money if you do not fix this problem soon i will never buy or recomend another one of your works ever again.

• If you have a 3rd slot on episode one copy your 1st slot into the 3rd slot it worked for me

• i moved saves from slot 1 to slot 3 and the game loaded chapter 3 from the begining but now kenny is talking to me like i took the supplies even though i didnt and the stats from chapter 2 say i didnt take the supplies, i like this game, a lot but chapter 3 came out a couple of months ago and you havent addressed this problem and other issues i think it says a lot about what you think of your customers that your willing to put a faulty product on the market and offer no update, i will tell all my friends on xbl not to support you, my niece wanted back to the future, guess what you can kiss that good bye, my brother and roommate both saw this glitch today and said the game looks cool but no way would i put myself through that i wont stop until you give us the quality i know your capable of

• i bought the game on disc and i have the same prob

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

A Title Update was released this past weekend that will resolve this issue.

• @gtichy said: I am having the same issue.. I was at the point in Chapter 3 when you come across the train blocking the way. I entered the boxcar and decided to stop playing.. I shut off my xbox by exiting the game through the start menu and closing the xbox from the dashboard.

When revisiting my game it said continue under Chapter 3.. when I clicked continue it started chapter 1..

Exactly the same place in the game and the way I turned it off, then when I next come back to play says loading last save and takes me to the beginning of episode 1!
    Can't simply be coincidence can it? Please help because I don't really want to start again until the problem is fixed :'(

• @gtichy said: I am having the same issue.. I was at the point in Chapter 3 when you come across the train blocking the way. I entered the boxcar and decided to stop playing.. I shut off my xbox by exiting the game through the start menu and closing the xbox from the dashboard.

I'm having the same problem at this point too. I have the latest patch, which was supposed to fix the problem. When I load the save I can still see my stats from Episodes 1 and 2, and it'll let me select 'play' on 1, 2 and 3 (I haven't downloaded 4 and 5 yet) but no matter what I do, I get sent back to the start of Episode 1. It suggests to me that my save still exists but for some reason the game's not reading it correctly, or something? It's really really irritating - more than that, actually. I've been really loving the game up until now, and I don't want to have to start again if I can help it - kind of defeats the object of player choice :(

I'm playing on Xbox 360 too, by the way, if that matters. And as far as I can remember, when I quit out I went through the main menu first, which is what I generally do.

Add Comment