User Avatar Image

Surfin' the Highway release

posted by Ayato on - last edited - Viewed by 489 users

Any ideas when this otherworldly gift will be bestowed upon us? I'd really like to purchase it as a surprise gift, but November's at it's end and the holidays are creeping up fast. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's increasingly unlikely that the book will be ready for Christmas. We had some major setbacks with our printer, causing us to have to go back and re-assemble much of the book. We're working hard on doing it this week. We'll keep everyone posted, but don't get your hopes up about getting it in time for Christmas :(

  • Aw bummer. Well no worries, whenever it's released I will be more than happy to purchase a copy or two, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks for the update!

  • @Jake said: It's increasingly unlikely that the book will be ready for Christmas. We had some major setbacks with our printer, causing us to have to go back and re-assemble much of the book. We're working hard on doing it this week. We'll keep everyone posted, but don't get your hopes up about getting it in time for Christmas :(

    You know, in a strange way, it is actually comforting to see people everywhere around the world are having "major setbacks with their printers" :p

    (My regular job is as graphic designer for a DVD publisher so I'm familiar with this kind of problems :D)

  • It's in the store!!!






    A Sam & Max shirt, that is.

  • I've been haunting the forum for months now waiting for this release and I wasn't prompted to actually register until now.

    I hate you.

  • @Marzhin said: You know, in a strange way, it is actually comforting to see people everywhere around the world are having "major setbacks with their printers" :p

    (My regular job is as graphic designer for a DVD publisher so I'm familiar with this kind of problems :D)

    I love print design so much, but man oh man do the conditions have to be absolutely perfect for it to work out in a satisfactory, problem-free way.

  • Any chance for a higher-res version of the front cover? I'd like to give my brother a gift-certificate to the comic for christmas...

  • @Jake said: I love print design so much, but man oh man do the conditions have to be absolutely perfect for it to work out in a satisfactory, problem-free way.

    that's what makes it so special. i mean everybody can do webdesign, for example...okay, not everybody, but it's a lot more forgiving than print..well, at least on the pure optical aspects...or...ahh, forget it, keep up the good work.

  • @wisp said: that's what makes it so special. i mean everybody can do webdesign, for example...okay, not everybody, but it's a lot more forgiving than print..well, at least on the pure optical aspects...or...ahh, forget it, keep up the good work.

    Yeah the technical fiddling and general know-how behind getting a proper print project off the ground are a lot higher than putting something up online.

    That said, much like with the web, anyone can do bad print design. You can make something with the Word Art stick figure guy, some comic sans, and send it off to get bound at your local Kinko's. That's basically the print equivalent of a GeoCities page.

    @wisp said: Any chance for a higher-res version of the front cover? I'd like to give my brother a gift-certificate to the comic for christmas...

    We'll probably be putting something up at some point. I'll let you know.

  • @Laserschwert said: Any chance for a higher-res version of the front cover? I'd like to give my brother a gift-certificate to the comic for christmas...

    Speaking of which, how about a pre-order and gifted pre-order options before Christmas so we can put them on our wish lists? I guess you'd have to decide pretty quick about the hard back version that way, but it would certainly help me.

Add Comment