User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I guess we'll see.

I'm just waiting for Roberta Williams to come out of the woodwork like every other Sierra person did to make a new game via Kickstarter.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I wouldn't worry too much. You're looking too hard into it. The comment you're talking about was said in jest (note the [laughs] after it). He was just commenting that because they have so many adventure veterans making adventure games again, Telltale is no longer the flag waver for the revival of adventure games. That's all the comment was meant to convey.

Also, the placeholder site didn't disappear, they never had a WIP site. I've been looking for http://www.telltalegames.com/kingsquest and http://www.telltalegames.com/kq since the game was announced and nothing was ever put up there.

As for being silent, Telltale just doesn't talk about stuff until they are just about to release the game. Look at Fables, it's coming out soon, and all that Telltale said about it lately is a tweet that said they're making a Fables game and nothing else. And other than that, they didn't say anything at all about Fables since the announcement, just like they haven't said anything about King's Quest. Once Fables wraps up, we'll start to hear about King's Quest.

• I don't know where you heard that there were legal issues with Activision, but there's no way Telltale would've announced a game if they hadn't secured a license yet.

As for why we haven't heard anything...Telltale's just really bad when it comes to giving information on upcoming projects. I wouldn't count on hearing anything until Fables finishes.

• Jane Jensen's "Mystery Game X" could well be King's Quest. She co-developed KQ6. Mystery Game X is supposed to be a "dark mystery game", but that type of story could be done in the KQ universe. A King Graham noir.

• Telltale's King's Quest is dead in the water. Or I'll eat my hat.

And thank GOD, too.

• Well could be, but if it does come out, you need to put your hat eating on youtube. I'd recommend a Nacho Hat, its at least easier on the bowels...

• It's interesting idea, that Jensesn MGX might be King's Quest. She did say that the game will be episodic, so it just could work.

• I just read from Jane's forum, that she's not working with Telltale, so MGX won't be King's Quest.

• Not really. Admittedly the topic has been discussed in another thread, but the conversation here seemed to veer in the same direction rather naturally. Besides, that variation seems to have been terminated thanks to updated information from the source itself, so perhaps we should just let the matter rest.

(Oo, hark at me and my fancy words.)

This discussion has been closed.