User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was pretty obvious he was gonna die dude, even before the bite. A lot of us saw it coming from the start -- sacrifice yourself for Clem. I know me and my partner thought that was how it would end at the end of the first chapter :)

Although I'd like there to be a secret ending where he does live... One possible outcome, by choosing the /exact/ right choices at EVERY part and it's the only way. So literally EVERY decision counts :P That would be awesome to try and figure out, and really add some replay value. For me, at least. I wanted him to live so badly :( And cutting off his hand was so real to me, I didn't want him to go through that but I wanted him to live even more.

• I made Clementine shoot him...it had to be done.

• @MaroubraDave said: Telltale,
    Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

Walking dead tv show, comics, and this game... they've all been pretty depressing, think about it. It's reality based - Lee was effed, he just had one last thing.

No, I thought the ending was actually perfect. My only disappointment was the lack of seeing Molly at any point. Not even zombie Molly or something, which is REALLY annoying considering you do see zombie Andrea at one point.

• ^ Not Andrea, surely? Do you mean that chick who won the contest...? I forget her name. Or do you actually mean Andrea from the comic? If so, WHERE?

• The entire point of the season was Lee's redemption story, whether or not Lee was truly a bad man and the circumstances surrounding his survival and taking care of Clementine--his death was the only way it was going to go down.

You call it disappointing that you couldn't live but you're supposed to want to feel like you have an option of surviving, it's why I cut Lee's hand off and desperately acted in denial throughout the entire episode.

If you thought Lee was going to walk into the sunset with Clementine at the end of the episode, you're (un)dead wrong. This isn't Disney's The Walking Dead.

• I know that this is already in the Spoiler Forum but i repeat: don't read if you haven't finished the new episode!!
    I let my Lee back for dying, so Clem didn't have to waste ammo :P
    Does Kenny also die if there is no Ben in the group?
    Do Omid and Krista survive all the time?
    Was in your end Clementine also alone on a field?

• The end of episode 4 made it pretty obvious that that was the direction things were heading. Now I'm not gonna lie, I had Lee chop off his arm and I hoped that it would be enough to save him, but alas it was not to be. Ever since the end of episode 4 I was pretty much of the mindset that Lee HAD to save Clementine before it was too late, and he did so. He died a hero in my book and while I would have loved for Lee to survive, I am perfectly content with the ending we got.

Also, this is the Walking Dead...chances of happy endings are never going to be great.

• @Dave of Canada said: The entire point of the season was Lee's redemption story, whether or not Lee was truly a bad man and the circumstances surrounding his survival and taking care of Clementine--his death was the only way it was going to go down.

You call it disappointing that you couldn't live but you're supposed to want to feel like you have an option of surviving, it's why I cut Lee's hand off and desperately acted in denial throughout the entire episode.

If you thought Lee was going to walk into the sunset with Clementine at the end of the episode, you're (un)dead wrong. This isn't Disney's The Walking Dead.

Yes i'm not debating the fact we saw it coming (lee dying) i'm saying it's shit that you play a whole game only to end up dying no matter what you do. And what "option"? He dies whether you cut it off or not... WTF is the point. All that for stupid clem... :p

• Stupid Clem!? >:l without Clem there'd be no Lee! He had a reason to really fight, something to protect and keep his mind sane until the very end ....T_T

• It feels like I'm the only person who kept his arm, I knew in the end it wasn't going to help him. I wish he never got bitten to begin with but then it wouldn't have been such a huge driving force for him to find Clem.

I'm also kind of upset with the fact he got handcuffed at the end (which I know was to protect Clem) but it makes me feel that he ended his life how we all saw him begin his journey: a handcuffed prisoner. I felt after all his struggle & sacrifice he still ended up where he was going before it all started, I think he deserved better than that.

Add Comment