User Avatar Image

Which choices change things drastically? (EP 5 SPOILERS GALORE)

posted by aguyuno on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

So I've finished episode 5, but I had some q's about how different certain things are if I had chosen differently. So could I ask for people who HAVE played this way to answer some of them?

1) If you didn't save Ben at the clocktower, does Kenny ultimately end up living? Or does he still manage to die? Also, if you REALLY lose your temper with him, is it possible to like bash his head in with that marble statue instead of just throw it and have Omid deliver his best line of the series ("...Dude you totally wrecked that guy's face")?

2) If you send Omid/Christa AFTER you on that sign you cross, do either of them end up falling/dying? Or do they always survive beyond the end?

3) If you didn't kill the st. johns (I did), or help kill Larry (I did), or abandon Lily (I did) or, most importantly, help steal that guy's shit... does he end up being less angry with you? Or is it even someone else? Or is he still a raging psychopath?

4) If you go ALONE for the first part of the game, when you come back do you instead find like a whole bunch of bodies from Vernon and crew, or do they always steal your shit?

I think I had some more q's, but I forget them so this will do for now. Any answers will do :). Oh, and also, was that zombie in the hotel supposed to be Molly? Asking because you DO see an Andrea zombie at one point and yeah.

And also, how come Christa barely reacts when Lee calls her on being pregnant? She and Omid aren't surprised at ALL that he knows... even though she makes it pretty obvious, it's still weird.

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1) Don't know, Ben was also in my group
    2) If you sent those guys after you, they remain on the building from which you come because the sign broke down and you have to climb down for your own.
    (they don't die)
    3)I didn't kill St. Johns but did the other 2 things. He blamed me for letting my crew taking stuff from his car (I didn't take something but he doesn't care about that); he blamed me for letting Lilly back; he blamed me for taking Clem to Crafford. So I think he is always a psycho
    4) Don't know, I also went away with the whole group

    have a 5. question: what happens if you don't tell Clem she should go countryside. Does she end up on a corn field anyway?

  • 1.) Kenny will still "die". I put it in quotes because either way, it's not really confirmed and it's quite obvious Telltale is trying to make his death ambiguous, shall they ever want to bring him back. It involves Kenny boosting Christa up and then getting surrounded.

    3.) Yeah, he always has a reason to hate you.

    4.) They always steal your stuff. You'll just find whoever you left behind locked in the shed. Kenny, for example will also be bruised up.

    5.) Regardless of where you tell Clem to go, the epilogue is always the same, in the same location.

  • @Nathanial said: 1.)
    4.) They always steal your stuff. You'll just find whoever you left behind locked in the shed. Kenny, for example will also be bruised up.

    .



    WTF? that is pretty cheat. there is no way a patients can fight against the combination of Kenny, Omid, Christa and Ben at the same time.

  • @Nathanial said:
    5.) Regardless of where you tell Clem to go, the epilogue is always the same, in the same location.



    I do so hate Games/Movies without a proper outlook on what happens with the characters...

    I mean supposedly those 2 figures in the distance clem spots are being Christa and Omid, BUT DO WE REALLY KNOW?

    I would have been nice to actually see them finding clementine and see some kind of reunion atleast.

    Also Lees eyes are yellow when he dies (if you cut his arm off, that is)
    Which means he died of blood poisoning (correct me if im wrong, i dont have a medical degree)

    So yeah, They cut off his arm IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL !

    Now call me a hater but, really?

    There were no antibiotics in the entire hospital? Where did Omids antibiotics go ? And dont tell me they used them all up, because when i find antibiotics in a ZA im definetly gonna grab as much as i can carry.

    Now i know antibiotics arent like magically healing sepsis but they might. Atleast they would have slowed it down.

    And you dont have to be a doctor for anticipating it to happen, i mean they cut off his arm in a non-sterilized room with some dusty old saw they found.... HELLO???? never watched emergency room?

  • @TripleZero said: I do so hate Games/Movies without a proper outlook on what happens with the characters...

    I mean supposedly those 2 figures in the distance clem spots are being Christa and Omid, BUT DO WE REALLY KNOW?

    I would have been nice to actually see them finding clementine and see some kind of reunion atleast.

    Also Lees eyes are yellow when he dies (if you cut his arm off, that is)
    Which means he died of blood poisoning (correct me if im wrong, i dont have a medical degree)

    So yeah, They cut off his arm IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL !

    Now call me a hater but, really?

    There were no antibiotics in the entire hospital? Where did Omids antibiotics go ? And dont tell me they used them all up, because when i find antibiotics in a ZA im definetly gonna grab as much as i can carry.

    Now i know antibiotics arent like magically healing sepsis but they might. Atleast they would have slowed it down.

    And you dont have to be a doctor for anticipating it to happen, i mean they cut off his arm in a non-sterilized room with some dusty old saw they found.... HELLO???? never watched emergency room?



    You are right that it is strange that he didn't take any antibiotics and you are also right that he probably died because of a sepsis but that's the way the zombie-virus works. It's a sepsis all the time because of this virus. The story also tells us that there is no cure -> antibiotics would have been useless. Anyway it is strange that he didn't try it yeah. I would first test if antibiotics would do it before I cut off my arm^^

  • That answers another question I had btw: Obviously cutting the arm off doesn't change that Lee will end up handcuffed to that radiator.

  • @Sodawasser said: You are right that it is strange that he didn't take any antibiotics and you are also right that he probably died because of a sepsis but that's the way the zombie-virus works. It's a sepsis all the time because of this virus. The story also tells us that there is no cure -> antibiotics would have been useless. Anyway it is strange that he didn't try it yeah. I would first test if antibiotics would do it before I cut off my arm^^



    Antibiotics are not universal. They're antibacterial, and do nothing against a viral infection.

    And canon is clear that a bite kills you because of the infection caused by...y'know, being bitten by an oh-so-clean and sanitary corpse (think the hunting strategy of komodo dragons). So then we're probably looking at bacterial infection leading to Toxic Shock Syndrome or septic shock. Either way, just loading up on antibiotics *might* buy you a little time, but ultimately you won't make it without hospital care, and even then the prognosis isn't brilliant. Multiple organ failure is such a fun way to go, y'know?

  • @TripleZero said: I do so hate Games/Movies without a proper outlook on what happens with the characters...

    I mean supposedly those 2 figures in the distance clem spots are being Christa and Omid, BUT DO WE REALLY KNOW?

    I would have been nice to actually see them finding clementine and see some kind of reunion atleast.

    Also Lees eyes are yellow when he dies (if you cut his arm off, that is)
    Which means he died of blood poisoning (correct me if im wrong, i dont have a medical degree)

    So yeah, They cut off his arm IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL !

    Now call me a hater but, really?

    There were no antibiotics in the entire hospital? Where did Omids antibiotics go ? And dont tell me they used them all up, because when i find antibiotics in a ZA im definetly gonna grab as much as i can carry.

    Now i know antibiotics arent like magically healing sepsis but they might. Atleast they would have slowed it down.

    And you dont have to be a doctor for anticipating it to happen, i mean they cut off his arm in a non-sterilized room with some dusty old saw they found.... HELLO???? never watched emergency room?




    Yellow eyes are pretty nonspecific, it doesn't necessarily mean blood poisoning - it could be his liver shutting down due to a generalised infection, something that is specifically attacking his liver, or his blood cells breaking down faster than his body can cope which might be his body turning on itself.

    Infection in the wound would take longer to have an impact than a few hours (or whatever time period the last episode is set over). Antibiotics would have been sensible, but searching through a zombie infested hospital for something which is at best going to delay his death and let him turn into a zombie a bit later would be a risky strategy also.

    We don't know what causes the zombfication process, but from a few points raised on the tv show (look away for the rest of this paragraph if you haven't been watching *SPOILER*), such as the fact that everyone is infected, and that the doctor at CDC didn't know what caused it, it seems almost certain that it is not bacterial in origin, meaning antibiotics would not help stop you becoming a zombie. The bite seems to catalyse the process, but maybe a bite is inherently poisonous and just leads to death.

    Anyways, I saved Ben, so unsure on that one, Omid and Christa stayed the other side of the sign and it collapsed as Lee crossed it, so they apparently survived at least long enough to attempt getting to the train. The psycho still ranted at me for abandoning Lilly, taking Clem into Crawford and not being in time to stop her eating some of the St John's delicious slap-up meal, probably other things as well - I can't quite remember everything. Molly survived in my playthrough and it was definitely a male zombie in the hotel. As to the whole pregnancy thing, I'm pretty sure it was never made explicit in my playthrough (although it was frequently implied).

    If you go it alone is there nobody there for the first part of your chapter 5 playthrough? And do you still have the option to cut your arm off? Plus, did anyone else feel that this episode was much shorter than the previous ones?

  • @TripleZero said: I do so hate Games/Movies without a proper outlook on what happens with the characters...

    I mean supposedly those 2 figures in the distance clem spots are being Christa and Omid, BUT DO WE REALLY KNOW?



    tumblr_lb4t2ojjmT1qex40do1_500.gif

    A little ambiguity is good sometimes.

  • @Super H4ns said: Plus, did anyone else feel that this episode was much shorter than the previous ones?



    It felt that way, yes, but on the other hand the pacing would have been weird if they'd done it any other way, I think. "OMG the herd is in Savannah - we'll be overrun! Clem's in the middle of it all! ...but let's take our time, regardless." There was really only one goal this episode (get Clementine and get out of town), rather than just generally surviving and figuring out what to do next. So the pacing gave it a nice sense of urgency.

    Not that I would have minded it going on forever and ever, mind. Emotionally invested? Me? Never!

Add Comment