User Avatar Image

How did campman get to savannah?

posted by JesseC25 on - last edited - Viewed by 526 users

Ok, so we know campman was in the woods by the motor inn, but what happened after the raid? He could have drove all the way to the railway, them what? Was he driving behind the train the entire time? Or was he secretly on the train?

He advised the group to get off the streets at the beginning of ep4, but how did he know this unless he was ahead of the group?

He knew about everything: saving Carley or Doug, taking Clem to the dairy, Clem eating meat, lee killing the brothers (or not), leaving Lilly on the road.. Was Clem telling him ALL of this?

Also, someone suggested before that kat never committed suicide, but she was shot by someone else. If campman was following the group, what if he was in the woods and shot kat? This would work whether Kenny was with her or not, Kenny could have been looking over at duck when he shot her. He hates her, because he called her "Kenny's stupid fucking wife".

Thoughts? I know questioning kats suicide is a big deal, but now that the truth behind radioman has been revealed, I am questioning everything.

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Interesting, but I think Kat definitely killed herself. Shortly before, she was saying, "I love our son more than life itself," so bringing Duck into the woods to kill him was more than she could handle. The stranger would need to be a crackshot to hit her in the head from a far, hidden distance. Also, even if Kenny wasn't looking, he would have known the difference between a gunshot coming from the woods or right next to him.

  • There was a plan to go to Savannah long before they actually went. Clem would have told him that. It's possible that he left before they did, in order to get to Savannah ahead of them. Or maybe he left when the bandits attacked the Inn, knowing that if they survived their next step would probably be to go to Savannah. After that, the delays with the train and Katjaa and Duck's deaths could have given him enough time to get there first.

  • If you notice outside the marsh house, his vehicle(from episode 2) is parked outside.

    Edit: Ever since the group found the vehicle of supplies(campman's) he's been stalking them. He probably was hiding somewhere watching them take it.

    Edit2: plus clementine must have told the radio some information.

  • it's bit of a plot hole imo..

    the car had no fuel so he would of had to source some which could of taken ages, unless he was with the bandits at some point.

    the fact he carried that bowling ball bag around made him dodgy regardless of his intentions.. plus clems parents weren't with him no shocker there...

    still i let clem put him down.. toughen her up...lol

  • @Milosuperspesh said: the car had no fuel so he would of had to source some which could of taken ages, unless he was with the bandits at some point.

    The time between the group stealing from his car and the group leaving for Savannah was a week. He could have found fuel by then. Lee and Kenny say that Macon has been picked clean by scavengers. He was probably one of them. Or he could have gotten some from the St. Johns dairy, after the zombies had cleared out.

  • @Milosuperspesh said: it's bit of a plot hole imo..

    the car had no fuel so he would of had to source some which could of taken ages, unless he was with the bandits at some point.

    the fact he carried that bowling ball bag around made him dodgy regardless of his intentions.. plus clems parents weren't with him no shocker there...

    still i let clem put him down.. toughen her up...lol

    The car that was hit on the track could have had gas in it?

  • @Milosuperspesh said: it's bit of a plot hole imo..

    the car had no fuel so he would of had to source some which could of taken ages, unless he was with the bandits at some point.

    Most (if not all) of the bandits were killed at the motor inn raid, and they supposedly had various camps with supplies in the woods, so maybe he came across one of those.

  • @slimymeteor said: Most (if not all) of the bandits were killed at the motor inn raid, and they supposedly had various camps with supplies in the woods, so maybe he came across one of those.

    yeah pretty much this..

  • What I don't get is how on earth he managed to get in touch with Clem on her walkie-talkie. Is it really that easy to get a frequency?

    Difficult to explain how it would be the walkie-talkie belonging to Clems parents. He couldn't have found them without having spoken to Clem first.

    His travel to Savannah doesn't seem that much of a mystery. That much. Campman is already in Savannah when he's revealed at the end of Episode 3. The most direct route between the motel and Savannah was probably the one that was blocked by the train at the time. It may have been as simple as finding another way around. Or he went like the wind shortly after the train took off.

    Now that I think about it, I think it would've been interesting if he managed to infiltrate the group disguised as a friendly. The scene where he appeared in the flesh was powerful but his overall presence was all too brief. The struggle was getting to Campman, not Campman himself. Sad how so much damage was indirectly done in Savannah, by a man who couldn't even win a fair fight with a man who was still hurting from a recently amputated arm, not to mention weakening from a zombie bite. Clem gave him a conk on the head but HE HAD AN EFFING GUN!

  • @Cooperal said: What I don't get is how on earth he managed to get in touch with Clem on her walkie-talkie. Is it really that easy to get a frequency?

    Difficult to explain how it would be the walkie-talkie belonging to Clems parents. He couldn't have found them without having spoken to Clem first.

    It wasn't that walkie talkie, that walkie talkie went with Glenn. Campman had his own walkie (he calls it his during the dialogue and it's a different model from Clem's). He found her frequency after the group stole the supplies from the car. My guess is, he was watching the group, plotting some sort of reprisal, and saw Clem talking on her walkie. Then he just scanned the frequencies until he heard her.

Add Comment