User Avatar Image

Episode 3 glitch...nothing fixes it!

posted by Skyblue03 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I just started playing the Walking Dead over the weekend, and I've been addicted ever since! I had no issues at all with episodes 1 or 2, but I've been stuck at the same glitch in episode 3 for 2 days now. When Lee & Kenny are trying to get the train running and Lee has found the notepad with the instructions on it. When I select the console, I can select section 6, but I cannot select section 5 to move the knob on the left. I have rewound the game numerous times, and even redownloaded it twice, but every time I am running in to this same glitch. It's getting very frustrating to be stuck on such an easy step in the game.
Any suggestions to fix this glitch? I want to keep playing this game!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am playing the game on an Xbox 360. Thanks!

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

When you properly move the switches on Section 6, do the console lights turn on? Have you tried going outside and flipping the Section 9 switches?

• Yes, when I flip the switches on section 6, they light up perfectly. I did also try to turn on section 9, but I cannot, due to section 5 not being on. I feel like I've tried nearly everything!

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

I know you said you have tried rewinding, but can you try rewinding 2 checkpoints and replaying to this point in the game? Also, try copying your save to another slot and continuing from there and seeing if the option is available.

Lastly, please watch a video walkthrough of this scene, just to make sure you have fulfilled all the previous requirements. There are many steps to this puzzle that may not be obvious, and it's worth confirming that you satisfied all of them.

• @MattP said: I know you said you have tried rewinding, but can you try rewinding 2 checkpoints and replaying to this point in the game? Also, try copying your save to another slot and continuing from there and seeing if the option is available.

Lastly, please watch a video walkthrough of this scene, just to make sure you have fulfilled all the previous requirements. There are many steps to this puzzle that may not be obvious, and it's worth confirming that you satisfied all of them.

Rewinding 2 checkpoints -> Done (still lock)
    Copying save to another slot -> Done (still lock)
    Check walkthrough of this scene -> Fulfilled everything ... but still..:(

Come on you guys, 5 bucks each episodes and still, we are dealing with those kind of major bugs ...you should be ashamed ...
    PLEASE PLEASE, would you please work on it fast ! I love your games but this .... man ..:(

• You people on telltale team only say the same thing at alot of threads,maybe a new patch so this problem go away instead or?

• Found a major bug on the train. Can't exit the notepad view after using the pencil to sketch the start up instructions. It keeps saying hit B to exit and shows the notepad flash by for a second but still says hit B to exit. I've tried rewinding to an earlier point and yet the same things happens. Please help.:eek:

• Found a major bug on the train. Can't exit the notepad view after using the pencil to sketch the start up instructions. It keeps saying hit B to exit and shows the notepad flash by for a second but still says hit B to exit. I've tried rewinding to an earlier point and yet the same things happens. Please help.

Learn the notepad by heart and don't use it.... Only solution I found ! You will manage to activate switch 6 and 5. But for now without a patch it's impossible to activate switch 9, no instructions appears so we are all kind of stuck.

• @Dr.Thredson said: Learn the notepad by heart and don't use it.... Only solution I found ! You will manage to activate switch 6 and 5. But for now without a patch it's impossible to activate switch 9, no instructions appears so we are all kind of stuck.

Thanks, hope they patch soon, ran into switch 9 bug right after notepad bug. :mad:

• @MattP said: I know you said you have tried rewinding, but can you try rewinding 2 checkpoints and replaying to this point in the game? Also, try copying your save to another slot and continuing from there and seeing if the option is available.

I have also done all of this to no avail.

This is obviously an issue with the game and needs to be resolved. There are a number of people stuck in the exact same spot.

Please help!

Add Comment