User Avatar Image

Something I don't quite get about the endning,...

posted by Teylen on - last edited - Viewed by 306 users

I told Christina and Omid that they should take care of Clementine.
On multiple occasions, actually on every occasion offered.
I also made sure that they got across the roof together (as I figured that just one would be left) and told them to go, look after Clem and move her to the countryside (which I also reinforced to Christina).
Afterwards I told Clem that she should regroup with Christina and Omid and that those two are looking for her.

Uhm, and just in the end Clem is wandering around totally alone? oO;
Did I miss something / did I do something wrong?

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did the same in my game. The only thing I can think is that they had to really go out of town, even past the train station, to evade the walkers. That walker herd was pretty big.

  • @Teylen said: I told Christina and Omid that they should take care of Clementine.
    On multiple occasions, actually on every occasion offered.
    I also made sure that they got across the roof together (as I figured that just one would be left) and told them to go, look after Clem and move her to the countryside (which I also reinforced to Christina).
    Afterwards I told Clem that she should regroup with Christina and Omid and that those two are looking for her.

    Uhm, and just in the end Clem is wandering around totally alone? oO;
    Did I miss something / did I do something wrong?


    You don't quite get about the ending, .. just the ending, seriously?

    @"plaqueconspiracy" already mentioned in my thread. But I'll try to expand it.

    First, they make Ben talk like "I'll be with you, I'll be helpful when you need me" kinda quote which made us think as he'd do something major in a situation which desperately needs help.
    Then they came by with a "who goes upstairs, who goes for furnitures or who goes for guns" sequence. - which erased two seconds later.
    Then they killed both important characters at the same time, instantly. Ben was expected besides he was meant to be lost by the fourth episode. But Kenny? For those who already dropped Ben back in Episode 4, how could they know Kenny would forgive him if the kid only had a chance to talk for himself?
    You talked to Omid&Christa at least two times about the fate of Clementine, and I'm sure %99 of us wanted them to take care of the child.(instead of someone who is a total stranger). But then, what happened and the game decided to not accomplish the only thing he wished for?
    Then suddenly Lee decided(!) to mention Christa as she was carrying for two!
    Then we see Clem on a cliff in spite of Lee strongly adviced her to go to ferry to find Omid&Christa...

    The more I'm thinking the whole picture, the more I'm convincing that something went wrong with the gaming process. I'm afraid they had a richer and better structure with many variations at first which ended up with a shortened product for some reason.:(

  • @dukeleto said: You don't quite get about the ending, .. just the ending, seriously?


    Yeah, found the rest reasonable though I could mostly explain it.
    Okay, maybe not how elderly people steal a boat with no car and it was kinda frustrating that the "amputate it"-trick didn't work (as it does in the show), and the psycho got some intel I didn't really see how he should have gotten it (I didn't tell Clem I left the women to be eaten as distraction), plus I wonder how the psycho followed the caravan and the train, stayed around the Motel.

    But the ending with Clem being not around with Christina and Omid, after I really put affords into getting those together in case of Lees dead, really stressed it to much ^^;

  • @Teylen said: it was kinda frustrating that the "amputate it"-trick didn't work (as it does in the show)

    the amputation didn't work because far too much time had already passed and the virus had already spread through the entire body.
    In the comic (Dale) , as well as in the TV series (Hershel) both times the amputation was done immediately within seconds after the bite. That's why it worked. And that's why it was obvious it doesn't work for Lee anymore.

  • Haven't read the comic to that point, about Hershel I estimated it to be about ~20-40 minutes (catching him, carrying him, getting the leg off).
    Though what was disappointing, in my point of view, that they gave the choice, take it off or don't. And actually it really didn't matter. Not a bit. It's a bit frustrating when one anticipates a choice (I would have liked to chop it off earlier) then it's given and it ends up with "Ha HA we gave it ya, but to late". Hell, they even showed the sewing-thing before but just didn't let one use it..

    Though am not complaining about this.
    Am still totally confused by the ending cause of Christina, Omid and Clem @.@

  • @dubesor said: the amputation didn't work because far too much time had already passed and the virus had already spread through the entire body.
    In the comic (Dale) , as well as in the TV series (Hershel) both times the amputation was done immediately within seconds after the bite. That's why it worked. And that's why it was obvious it doesn't work for Lee anymore.

    Yeah and I don't think amputation worked for Allen who was in the comics. I chose amputation because I thought it would give Lee some time, it probably made things worse.

  • I dont think the scene that played after the credits was the ending. To me the ending was the moment lee died. I think it was just some foreshadowing. I mean it was sunrise right ? We dont know what happened during the night in savannah with clementine, omid and christa

Add Comment