User Avatar Image

Is the next season still going to be on this generation of console?

posted by CrazyandProud on - last edited - Viewed by 170 users

I would feel pretty bad if I had to buy a new console to play the second season. Seems like new consoles will be coming out soon.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CrazyandProud said: I would feel pretty bad if I had to buy a new console to play the second season. Seems like new consoles will be coming out soon.



    It probably depends on when the next generation of consoles gets released. If they're halfway through developing season 2 when playstation 4 and such are released, i doubt they'd start from scratch. At the moment it doesn't look like they would need or want to wait for them before they begin development on it, except maybe marketing purposes.

    If worse comes to worse, you can always play it on the good old PC. Mine could play it with an onboard video card(after my current one fried) and yeah it looked a bit crap but it was certainly playable(and my PC is nothing to write to home about to begin with).

  • I think it was super fun to play on the Xbox. Easy too. I hope they don't move it on to the next generation of Xbox :(

  • I can't see the new consoles coming out until Fall 2013 at the earliest. If that's the case it's possible that the new season will be on those consoles, but I think S2 will be released before then.

  • Hopefully it comes out on Wii U

  • I think they'll need to stick to this generation if your choices from Series 1 carry over to Series 2.

  • @JakeSt123 said: I think they'll need to stick to this generation if your choices from Series 1 carry over to Series 2.



    Thank you. Do they really expect us to play another 10 hrs of OUR game just to keep our choices the same. If they did it would be really fucking stupid. That said....no way this game comes out before 2014. Sorry and it makes me sad but its true:(

  • @bdawgnit1785 said: Thank you. Do they really expect us to play another 10 hrs of OUR game just to keep our choices the same. If they did it would be really fucking stupid. That said....no way this game comes out before 2014. Sorry and it makes me sad but its true:(


    I believe I read something about a yearly series being signed after the sales of the first series, but I'm not promising anything.

  • @JakeSt123 said: I believe I read something about a yearly series being signed after the sales of the first series, but I'm not promising anything.



    There's no way Telltale could do a new Walking Dead game every year. They do have other projects, you know.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: There's no way Telltale could do a new Walking Dead game every year. They do have other projects, you know.



    Thats all I'm saying too ;)

    I would love the shit outta it if they made season 2 even by January 2014...but we are more likely than not NOT gonna get it before spring/summer of 2014 and if it was released so quick I would worry about the game as season 1 took over a year to make considering they were working on stuff four months (at least) before the episode 1 was even released (And as far as I know THAT'S ALL THEY DID GAME WISE). So when they are releasing two new game series in 2013 which will be episodic as well taking 5-6 months at the least til full game is out(Well BTTF and JP also Sam n Max r like that).


    All that complicates matters and makes me wonder if we will even see it until 2015! Which make me a very very sad panda:(:(

  • @bdawgnit1785 said: Thats all I'm saying too ;)

    I would love the shit outta it if they made season 2 even by January 2014...but we are more likely than not NOT gonna get it before spring/summer of 2014 and if it was released so quick I would worry about the game as season 1 took over a year to make considering they were working on stuff four months (at least) before the episode 1 was even released (And as far as I know THAT'S ALL THEY DID GAME WISE). So when they are releasing two new game series in 2013 which will be episodic as well taking 5-6 months at the least til full game is out(Well BTTF and JP also Sam n Max r like that).


    All that complicates matters and makes me wonder if we will even see it until 2015! Which make me a very very sad panda:(:(



    2015 is way too long of a wait. This is the first game I've purchased from TTG so I'm not sure how they typically do things, but I can't see them putting a series that was this successful on the back burner for over two years.

    @bdawgnit1785 said: I believe I read something about a yearly series being signed after the sales of the first series, but I'm not promising anything.

    I think I found what you were referring to. There was an article on IGN back in February 2011 that stated TTG had a "multi-year, multi-title, multi-platform" agreement with Robert Kirkman. All that really means is that they'll release multiple seasons over the course of multiple years. It doesn't necessarily mean those seasons will come out in consecutive years.

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/02/18/walking-dead-video-game-lives

Add Comment