User Avatar Image

Release on Windows Store for tablets?

posted by Vladdie on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Hi,

I was wondering if Telltale have any plans to release the tablet version of The Walking Dead series on the Windows Store.

I tried the PC version of TWD on my new Windows 8 tablet but it ran very slow and was not suitable for touch controls. I assume the iPad version of TWD is a scaled down version that doesn't require much in terms of system specs you would find on a proper gaming desktop.

Could iPad version be ported to the Windows Store for people who have Surfaces and Windows 8 tablets which will grow a great deal over the next months/year?

I would happily buy the game again if I could play it with touch controls on my Windows 8 tablet. Is there any way to enable touch controls in the main PC game?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Fine in my opinion, Windows 8 sucks.
    Linux is a far better OS, and yes Walking Dead works on it using WINE. (I paid for the game, I will play it on any damn platform I like)

And Better than Android, Nope, sorry, not happening.

Most Android tablets are better than Windows tablets. It is just a simple fact of life.

You can either deal with it or not.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@CF-105 said: Why should they support such a garbage OS?

Windows 8 is junk and Windows 8 tablets are even worse.

That is YOUR fault you bought a inferior tablet. Deal with it.

This is actually a forum where we laugh hard on open displays of platformism. The laughing stops when you start insulting people. :mad:

If you have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion, leave the thread please.

• Its the last post i post about this cause its kinda off-topic XD
    Never said Linux can't play or work with walking dead. Hell you didnt even mentioned linux in youre first post. You like Lunix i like windows 8. So thats a reason for you to crash in a topic and tell no windows 8 sucks don't make it for that platform? I think everyone should enjoy it on whatever platform.

Edit: see that a moderator is here so back on-topic :)

• Is it still safe to say that i too like too see a app voor the Windows 8 tablets ;)
    Myself got a Dell XPS 10 last week so i was quite suprised that their was no telltale app.

• Hope you guys are working secretly at a walking dead windows tablet app version ;)

• I support this too would be awesome to see some good apps on my tablet.

• This would be GREAT! I would definitely buy all walking dead games to come on a windows touch supported system

• Played the wolf among us this week on my pc (which is old and lags :P) But got myself a surface 2 (windows RT device) and would love to see the walking dead or any other telltale series to be released in the windows store.

would be great to hear if you guys even consider it in the nearby future ;)

• Personally i prefer playing these kind of games on a tablet. I also got myself a Surface 2 :) (love it) only downside is that there are no telltale games in the store.

• I would love to see this happen. These are the kinds of games I'd love playing on a device like the Surface.

Add Comment