User Avatar Image

Dealing with the bitten

posted by That1Guy on - last edited - Viewed by 472 users

Since there's been many mercy choices thorought the game, I wanted to know what other people did.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gave Irenne the gun, because we would have to shoot her anyways (cleaning the Motor Inn). Why not let her die without turning? Shot Beatrice, because I'd like someone to do the same if i were about to get nomnomnom'ed by zombies; Clementine shot me.

• I didn't give Irene the gun.

I left the girl on the street because, let's face it, I didn't want the extra attention and Kenny was 100% right in his suggestion. Still don't know what happens when you do shoot her, but I imagine things are a bit more difficult.

I shot Duck.

I had Clem shoot me, and I didn't hesitate for a minute. I guess I'm in the minority by thinking leaving Lee and/or watching him turn into a walker would be MORE traumatizing than shooting him. She says so many times throughout the game, "Please don't become one of them", that shooting him would at least give her some kind of peace. Especially when you choose "Don't be afraid" as your last words. Just drives the point home to me.

• Gave Irene the gun.

Shot the girl in the street. Yeah, it would draw attention but... THOSE SCREAMS, man.
    I shot Duck. Making Kenny do it would tip the man over the edge.

Had Clem shoot me. I doubt she'd be able to shake the knowledge Lee was chained in some cellar as a zombie. long-term it was best.

@CharmingBirch said:
    I left the girl on the street because, let's face it, I didn't want the extra attention and Kenny was 100% right in his suggestion. Still don't know what happens when you do shoot her, but I imagine things are a bit more difficult.

You have less time to collect stuff from the chemist. It is possible to collect enough that you still get "You collected a lot of stuff" and the "This will see us through the winter" line from Lilly.

• Wow, excluding the Duck and Lee choice this is pretty damn even.

• Didn't give Irene the gun, Left the girl (Beatrice, was it?)
    Shot duck myself, Clem shot Lee.

• Gave Irene the gun

Shot Beatrice (I probably would have left her if Kenny didn't make it sound like such an asshole thing to do)

Shot Duck myself

Clem shot me.

• Not in my group? Not wasting bullets, sorry. :p

• -Didn't give Irene the gun.
    -Left the woman on the street.
    -Shot Duck myself.
    -Told Clem to leave me.

• I gave Irene the gun, shot the girl in the street, shot Duck and had Clementine shoot Lee. Also I killed the boy in the attic.

Always think the nicest thing to do is kill someone who is bitten. Hardest decision to make out of all of those was the girl in the street, actually. Thought putting her out of her misery was a much nicer thing to do.

• I tried to play true to what my real life actions would be, but it's hard to do... In real life NO WAY would Irene get the gun, she was so high strung, imagine she just turned psycho like "F*** IT ALL!!!!!" and shot us all before topping herself... Or maybe she'd turn whilst holding the gun and then it might be hard to get back (I forget if anyone else had a gun at the time)...

Also I would have probably let myself become a walker rather than getting shot in the head, just on the off chance I somehow managed to survive (fuck knows how, but headshot = NOPE)...

I should really do a truthful playthrough next time. Funny 'cause I totally would have made everyone else do the dangerous stuff even bitten. I'd be all "lol you guys walk across the rickety sign I have one arm!"...

Add Comment