98 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My thoughts on 202?

Best fart joke of 2008. Easily.

• I thought it was pretty good. Shorter than Episode 1, yes, but not as short as the "2 hours" that reviews were claiming.
    Or maybe I just got stuck a lot..?

I did have to turn the hints on and get one hint from Max to solve the last puzzle.
    When I got it, it was less of a "argh, no sane person could have worked that out", and more of a "oh, why the heck didn't I think of that, it's so obvious now", which is the sign of a good game ^_^;;

• @t4gh35hg5 said: When I got it, it was less of a "argh, no sane person could have worked that out", and more of a "oh, why the heck didn't I think of that, it's so obvious now", which is the sign of a good game ^_^;;

I love those kinds of puzzles. Sure they make you feel stupid, but at the same time it just shows how more of us need to try lateral thinking now and again :p

• @ChazFox said: My thoughts on 202?

Best fart joke of 2008. Easily.

It's still just January. There's plenty of time for other developers to catch up.

If they CAN...

• @Chuck said: If they CAN...

Exactly my point, Chuck. This joke was so good, the only way it could be beaten would be if Telltale themselves made a better one. XD they rose the bar beyond all expectations on that one. XD

• in the beta that was up on GT.. there was no sound, he just stared at bosco with beady eyes for about 30 seconds... i found this version (with no fart sound) to be so much funnier

• I agree with Dangerzone. It was a lot more subtle, but got the point across well.

• @ChazFox said: Exactly my point, Chuck. This joke was so good, the only way it could be beaten would be if Telltale themselves made a better one. XD they rose the bar beyond all expectations on that one. XD

Let other game developers take note, then:

January 11, 2008. The GAUNTLET has been DROPPED.

(And any other game hoping to step up to the challenge should note that 202 has not just a fart joke, but TWO (2) pee jokes. Must be that "highbrow humor" that IGN review was talking about.)

Add Comment