User Avatar Image

Why would Lily betray me like this?

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 553 users

I've been on her side throughout the entire season.

I sided with her dad, because I hate Kenny
I tried saving her dad in EP 2
I brought her back in the RV after killing Carley
I even thought of going with her and ditching the others and taking Clementine with me

like wtf man!

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Joshua1991 said: I've been on her side throughout the entire season.

I even thought of going with her and ditching the others and taking Clementine with me

like wtf man!

Because it still has to follow the story-line. your decision's to side with lily really make a difference towards the end when you need Kenny's help.

• @WowMutt said: Because it still has to follow the story-line. your decision's to side with lily really make a difference towards the end when you need Kenny's help.

This.

• I was kinda disappointed in how they handled Lily's character in EP 3. At the end of EP 2 she seemed to realize that being a hard ass wasn't the best way to lead. Even seemed to be more compassionate about other people. Especially if you tried to help Larry. But it seemed that they did a 180 on her between episodes.

I know they kinda had their hands tied to how Lily ended up because she was supposed to be the Lily from the comics. I bet they would have had a better ending for her if not for that.

• I really liked Lilly, but Kenny all the way, he was my bro. But Lilly is a bad ass character, but I still like Kenny more.

• @trd84 said: I was kinda disappointed in how they handled Lily's character in EP 3. At the end of EP 2 she seemed to realize that being a hard ass wasn't the best way to lead. Even seemed to be more compassionate about other people. Especially if you tried to help Larry. But it seemed that they did a 180 on her between episodes.

I know they kinda had their hands tied to how Lily ended up because she was supposed to be the Lily from the comics. I bet they would have had a better ending for her if not for that.

I don't know about you but Lilly was really nice to me in episode three and was compassionate. Also, it really shouldn't come to surprise that Lilly was so high strung considering what happened to her father.

As to her leaving, it was probably the right thing to do. The only person who still trusted / liked her in the group was Lee, depending on your choices, even Katjaa didn't trust her anymore. It's as she said (or something along these lines):

"What am I suppose to do, wait here until you guys figure out what to do with me?"

• I know how you feel. I was entirely on Kenny's side before episode 2. I helped Lilly in the meat locker. In episode 3, I cared less about where Kenny's family was going; I wanted to stay with Lilly. As soon as she murdered Carley though, I left her on the road. And I continued my friendship with Kenny once again!

• I wish there was more game-changing decisions. Maybe not this particularly, since the game follows the comic storyline, yeah?

• Doomed by canon. Needed to get her out of the group somehow.

• @Joshua1991 said: I've been on her side throughout the entire season.

like wtf man!

My opinion is that she realizes she has become unhinged and may be a danger to everybody. Then it kinda depends on your choice. If you tell her to go, well you give her your permission. If you tell her to stop, I guess she doesn't want you to make a choice concerning her fate. It is not an easy thing to do and if you were thinking of something bad, I guess she would kinda prefer to avoid that. Plus she's not the type of person who would let others decide her fate.
    If you tell her you will go with her, my explanation is that she realizes she has become a danger to everyone and you would be better off without her.
    If you dislike her or you've been bad to her, well it is pretty self-explanatory why she would leave.

• User Avatar Image
    NSS

@Joshua1991 said: I've been on her side throughout the entire season.

like wtf man!

Lily loses control of the group as soon as a better leader (Kenny) shows up. She was fighting a losing battle with Kenny over power for months. Kenny won, so she left.

Lily didn't care about survival so much as she cared about order. It's why Kenny (the personification of chaos) is her foil. When the hierarchy of power in the Macon group dissolved, Lily lost it.

Also, her father's death made her excessively paranoid. Basically, poor Lily couldn't handle the stress.

Add Comment