108 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Girl From Aus said: I don't see how lets plays are a negative thing I think the reason why The Walking Dead was so big was cause of "Lets Plays" they even used the various outcomes in their DICE 2013 speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jzP_BtPF0

Only reason why I started it was cause a friend loved the show and I found they made a game of it so it was all really for Neo :)

Indeed let's plays can really push a game's sales, because games like The Walking Dead aren't advertised, because TTG doesn't have that much money. Many people never hear of the game, but they do watch let's plays, if now one of their fav LPers plays the game, they see it's f...reaking great, and go get it to play it themselves.

• Unless I'm mistaken, the LPs contributed to Amensia: The Dark Descent's sales, because I have a feeling that without it the game wouldn't have had as many sales.

• @Profanity said: Eww. Eww. Eww.

If you don't like LP's then don't watch them. And leave the thread dedicated to a Let's Player.

• @crispy01 said: If you don't like LP's then don't watch them. And leave the thread dedicated to a Let's Player.

You do realize that you're in the The Walking Dead Story Discussion sub-forum?

• @Profanity said: You do realize that you're in the The Walking Dead Story Discussion sub-forum?

LPs discuss the game's story, in a manner of speaking. If you can successfully read the title, you should be able to avoid topics discussing things you don't enjoy.

• @RichWalk23 said: I didn't know you were featured on a show dedicated to the Walking Dead. Congrats. :)

Thanks mate :) it was quite a surprise I hadn't heard of DICE till then lol
    I think also with the Amnesia stuff it wouldn't be as big if custom stories weren't available cause I think that played a huge part in their sales as well cause I've played that game as well and by the end... It was that great I have yet to play any custom stories

• @Mornai said: LPs discuss the game's story, in a manner of speaking. If you can successfully read the title, you should be able to avoid topics discussing things you don't enjoy.

Yeah, I guess LPs do, yet no one in this thread does.

• @The Girl From Aus said: Thanks mate :) it was quite a surprise I hadn't heard of DICE till then lol
    I think also with the Amnesia stuff it wouldn't be as big if custom stories weren't available cause I think that played a huge part in their sales as well cause I've played that game as well and by the end... It was that great I have yet to play any custom stories

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about custom stories...I reckon I need to go play Amnesia again and give the custom stories a try.

• @RichWalk23 said: Oh yeah, I completely forgot about custom stories...I reckon I need to go play Amnesia again and give the custom stories a try.

If you find any decent ones mail me and I'll play them there are so many I don't know which ones to play first :/

Add Comment