User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As I said in another post. Seeing Ben stuck there probably made Kenny think back to Shawn. It's pretty clear from talking him down in the train he's never forgave himself for what happened to Shawn. So after Ben reminded Kenny he has family too, he probably saw this.

Benstuck_zpsedd9a50c.jpg

And thought back to this.

Shawntrapped_zps73f05d27.jpg

And figured this was a chance to set things right. If he really thought Duck being bitten was punishment for not saving Shawn, he probably saw this as an opportunity to make amends for what he did in the past.

I think the scene would have been more effective if the initial odds weren't so overwhelming though. Like there's only a small group of walkers at first and Kenny holds them back for a while before several dozen more flood in and overwhelm him. As it currently stands it kinda makes it looks like Kenny just wanted to kill himself when really I think he couldn't stand the idea of leaving Ben if there was even the slightest chance of saving him.

• I agree that Kenny didn't want to kill himself. I think he knew there was a chance of him dying if he went to help Ben, and that's why he wouldn't let Lee help, but I don't think he was hoping for death.
    I think it was the very last chance for him to be a father. I don't know if there's a choice for him to kill the kid in the attic (me and hubby both had him kill it), and we both shot Duck for him. In our play through, we both had Ben go off on Kenny, and they had that talk about being eaten being Ben's worst fear.
    If there are options for Kenny not to shoot Duck (which I know there are) and Kenny not to shoot the attic kid (which I think there are?) then being able to make sure Ben didn't die a horrific, terrifying death would be Kenny's last chance to be a father. To grant some kindness to a kid. I think that's why Kenny puts Ben down at the end and is willing to risk his life to do it. I get the impression that Kenny was the kind of guy who wanted to be a father his whole life.

• Kenny isn't the kind of guy to give up and let things happen, for no reason. Not even having the daughter of the man who's head you are about to smash in being present is reason for him to not do what has to be done. He is a fighter in every aspect, especially fighting to defend the 'pack' he became a part of.
    So this is not suicide, this is Kenny's last stand. And he knows going in he either survives or dies, but he will have done that fighting for the people he defends.

• Well I'm bout 50/50 that Kenny is alive, but I'm also that person that is in denial over Lee. I think Kenny did make it. Reason 1: I heard no screams, but I heard fighting from a distance.
    The grunts and the gurggling and rip/tears from Ben's body being eaten by walkers. Reason 2: I only saw one pile of zombies; the ones eating Ben. I didn't see anything else below from the arial view. Reason 3: Kenny didn't want to die. Reason 4: Lost in herd, not said dead. Reason 5: As stated above, made to be ambiguous just in case they need another character for season 2. I think they definitely will, considering the lack of veteran/known/liked characters.

But that's just my opinion. It's good to hope for the best :D

• Fun fact: if you dont shoot zombies in the attic and you saved ben in the allyway kenny will have 2-3 bullets. 1 for ben 1 for himself

• @aaron1290 said: Fun fact: if you dont shoot zombies in the attic and you saved ben in the allyway kenny will have 2-3 bullets. 1 for ben 1 for himself

I tested this a while ago, not firing a single shot in the mansion(thus retaining all five bullets) and although Lee gave Kenny all of them i still only heard one shot.

Oddly he fires multiple shots in the Christa scenario, where you can't give him bullets because Ben doesn't pick up your gun.

• @Mornai said: I tested this a while ago, not firing a single shot in the mansion(thus retaining all five bullets) and although Lee gave Kenny all of them i still only heard one shot.

Oddly he fires multiple shots in the Christa scenario, where you can't give him bullets because Ben doesn't pick up your gun.

i got that off the walking dead wiki :/

• @aaron1290 said: i got that off the walking dead wiki :/

Don't believe all you see :D I only heard one shot and I saved one just for Kenny ;) Only in Christa's scene does he shoot more than once, no matter what, because somehow he gets an extra bullet xD and it wasn't on himself. Anyway, Kenny wouldn't kill himself. He calls himself a Christian man right? Well isn't it not right to commit suicide? He wanted to live, but also wanted to save Ben, or help him at least. He knew he might die, so he said no matter what he'd be happy, cuz if he died he got to see his family. I just gotta dream that he was strong enough to make it. If Tyresse can do it, and Lee can, then so can Kenny

• I hope Kenny is alive, He was awesome!, and until i see body (walking or not) then he is alive! :)

• [quote=pinkxangel;772812]i hope kenny is alive, he was awesome!, and until i see body (walking or not) then he is alive! :)[/quote]

yesssssss!

Add Comment