User Avatar Image

Yep. My save reset.

posted by abej15 on - last edited - Viewed by 605 users

I was really looking forward to playing the rest of episode 3 but then suddenly

it started from episode 1.

Any uh, ways to get my save back or is it a lost cause?

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was halfway through episode 2 and it reset back to episode 1. We're all waiting here either for a patch or a replacement disc. I'm really pissed because this was supposed to be my Christmas present (which I got early), and also because even right now I really want to play this game and I can't.

• what I did was copy my game save from slot 1 to slot 2 then just kept switching back and forth, copying everytime the previous save with the episode still on it and it worked like a charm

• In the most recent official statement from TTG, they said that the number of affected users is too small and primarily on PS3.

Make sure you vote in this thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40240

• This just happened to me, at the near of the end of Episode 3. I had quit late last night (hey, I was loving this game and couldn't put it down) and went to start up and finish what little I had left this morning, and it suddenly starts at the beginning of Episode 1 as soon as I load my file.

When I went back to the menu, my save then said Episode 1. Grr. But... it seems to have saved all of my choices when I go to load the beginning of 3 again. I'm pretty upset that I have to play through the entire episode again, but at least I don't have to play through the entire game to get back to where I was with my choices.

I'm not using the disc-based version, by the way. I bought the entire series when it went on sale after loving the first episode. Now I'm really let down.

• I saved at the halfway of ep4 and when I tried to play it the next time, I was sent to the beginning of ep1 and it overwrited my save!

*poof* 15hours of gameplay gone. So frustrating...

Edit: And this is completely downloaded from xbla. Not a retail.

• Same thing for me I was almost at the end of episode 4 and it started back to episode 1 after my session of yerterday !

• Same problem as two above.

I can start on Episode 4 but it still starts me at the beginning. I was hours into the episode.

Before this, it sent me straight to episode 1. I noticed my stats for the episodes I finished were still there.

This is a downloaded version. Please fix. I do NOT want to play through most of Episode 4 again and I am afraid I will encounter the same issue.

• Same. About to start up Chapter 4, then all of a sudden the save dies. I used the "Copy Save 1 to Save 3" thing to try to salvage, but all the choices were seemingly random. I'm now debating whether or not to replay it. Think I'll flip a coin.

Sucks, too. Telltale has some damn good (and I mean DAMN good, no form of media has made me feel this level of emotion in a while) writers and artists that don't deserve to have their works screwed over by the programmers.

• I had the same problem as the OP. I was nearly done with episode 3, quit before the end and it forced me to restart from episode 1. I just skipped over to episode 3 and it seemed most of the choices I made were still in tact, so I started playing episode 3 again, got about 30% finished, quit after a save and when I booted back up...... Yep, save deletes again.

Wildly frustrating. Common Tell Tale!

• @goose84 said: This just happened to me, at the near of the end of Episode 3. I had quit late last night (hey, I was loving this game and couldn't put it down) and went to start up and finish what little I had left this morning, and it suddenly starts at the beginning of Episode 1 as soon as I load my file.

When I went back to the menu, my save then said Episode 1. Grr. But... it seems to have saved all of my choices when I go to load the beginning of 3 again. I'm pretty upset that I have to play through the entire episode again, but at least I don't have to play through the entire game to get back to where I was with my choices.

I'm not using the disc-based version, by the way. I bought the entire series when it went on sale after loving the first episode. Now I'm really let down.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me.

Add Comment