User Avatar Image

If you had an option to fix the game, what would you do?

posted by DatDude on - last edited - Viewed by 203 users

Lets ignore the decisions don't matter standpoint. That's to big.

But characters or narrative.

For example, if i was the director of the game I would have Katja throw herself off the train rather than commit sucicide right next to duck.

I would have liked time for that to bake in the oven, metaphorically speaking rather than it to just happen right then and there.

I would've also kept the reporter alive longer and would have tried to create maybe a romance of some sort. I think having Lee maybe not fall in love with someone, but find someone to sleep with at night would've made the game a bit more deeper in that regard.

What would you guys fix or enhance?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Be able to tell the group about you being a murderer if you saved Doug and not Carley.
    Or giving Chuck a longer life, even though I can understand the death.
    Or letting everyone ride off on a magical pony into the sunset and they all live happily ever after. :D

• Keep Carley alive, or if someone had to die, it would be Ben.

• Give Ben his chance to make things right - even if in a small way (but definitelymore than just picking up Lee's gun.).

• Not going to say anything about Carley since everyone else is already on the ball with that.

I'd change it so that if you allow Lilly to come with you after she kills whoever, she doesn't have to steal the RV and can stay with your group a while longer. :) It'd be entertaining, no?

• @AngryZombie said: Give Ben his chance to make things right - even if in a small way (but definitelymore than just picking up Lee's gun.).

Or just let us do something with that gun. It just sorta disappears. I know if you left any bullets in it you can give them to Kenny during his last scene with Ben, but other than that it's completely forgotten.

The Walking Dead wiki says that's actually Carley's gun Lee is using in the later episodes. If that's the case I wish we could have given it to Clementine in the finale. Instead of her trying to get a gun off the cop zombie she could be just trying to get bullets for it.

If that happened I'd actually considered Ben redeemed. He saved the last thing we had to remember Carley by and it ends up in Clem's possession. Then part of Carley would be protecting Clementine from beyond the grave.

I guess that's something I'd change if I could. (And if that's not actually Carley's gun in the later episodes I'd change that too.)

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Or just let us do something with that gun. It just sorta disappears. I know if you left any bullets in it you can give them to Kenny during his last scene with Ben, but other than that it's completely forgotten.

The Walking Dead wiki says that's actually Carley's gun Lee is using in the later episodes. If that's the case I wish we could have given it to Clementine in the finale. Instead of her trying to get a gun off the cop zombie she could be just trying to get bullets for it.

If that happened I'd actually considered Ben redeemed. He saved the last thing we had to remember Carley by and it ends up in Clem's possession. Then part of Carley would be protecting Clementine from beyond the grave.

I guess that's something I'd change if I could. (And if that's not actually Carley's gun in the later episodes I'd change that too.)

Yeah, I was totally wondering what happened to the gun Lee had, which I assumed was Carley's because it looked alike. Ben recovering the pistol before retreating to the attic was the closest he came to finding some sort of redemption, for the reasons you stated. Still not good enough though, and I mainly kept him alive till episode five hoping he would redeem himself. Instead, IMO, he caused Kenny to sacrifice himself. LOL, I guess Ben just had to finish the job of wiping out Kenny's family and most of the group. So yeah, if I had to "fix" anything I would give Ben a chance to finally redeem himself but I am not against the current story.

The main thing I would change is to keep Carley alive. There was so much potential to character development with her, and she could have been a useful balance against the increasingly brutal group dynamics after episode 3.

• Choices have more impact on future events. Almost every death determinant. Decide on going to a different location now, later or never and either go alone or choose who to bring.

• Remove the two shooting scenes in episode 4, or only allow a limited number of shots(or make it similar to the episode 5 shootout). Also add in some way to prevent the player from shooting that one walker near Clementine without making it seem invincible.

Add Comment