1. A Black main character being a professor without making a fuss about it
2. A respectable and sensible child character
3. A complex and nuanced redneck
4. Strong, independent female characters
5. Mature themes treated in a mature way (ducks death, the starving child in the attic)
6. Characters with multiple layers (like an onion) to there character persona
7. A very dark and grim story but told in a respectful way (rather than BANG BANG, GRENADE!! HEAD SHOTXXX,)
Tell Tale walking dead has moved the marker quite a bit in my opinion for narratives in games..I hope this trend continues with Season 2.