User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saved Carly because she went against Lilly and saved lee and them. She also had better leadership qualities then Doug and when it comes to a zombie apocalypse being good with a gun beats being good with a remote. But overall they just developed her character much better then Doug and made her more like able.

• I am going to sum up the pros and cons of both.
    Carley
    Pros
    -Girl
    -Has a gun
    -More screentime
    Cons
    -Knows your past (at this point you don't know if you can trust her)
    -Reporter (I hate reporters)
    Doug
    Pros
    -Smart
    -Tech skills
    -Friendly
    Cons
    -Big-boned (read fat)

I choose Doug mainly because he's not some nosy reporter :D

• Well they both become great assets for the team.

By the way, how does Carley save you or what does she use in episode 2? I know Doug uses a laser pointer, but what about her?

• @Abecedario said: Well they both become great assets for the team.

By the way, how does Carley save you or what does she use in episode 2? I know Doug uses a laser pointer, but what about her?

Guess what. A gun.

• Carly is smart as well. Just because she didn't know how to fix the radio doesn't make her any less smarter then Doug. So I would put the intelligence part a wash.

• I went for the more defenseless one.

• @Abecedario said: Well they both become great assets for the team.

She shoots and wounds Andy St. John. (it grazes his head)

In episode 3 when the bandits overrun the Motor Inn, Carley kills two of them immediately after Lilly opens fire with a gun that is dropped by the bandit Lilly kills. Doug does the same, though only kills one bandit. I think they had Carley kill two compared to Doug's one, because she is supposed to be more proficient with firearms. Carley will also help Lee defend the RV against bandits and walkers, while the rest of the group piles in.

• I chose Doug, because it just seemed like the better option. He was in a more tight situation than Carley, Being held at his chest and stomach compared to Carley who only had her leg caught. As well Doug seemed a lot smarter than Carley. I can understand making the mistake of not putting in batteries or putting them in wrong but then "I wouldn't even know what to look for." They're batteries how does one not know what batteries look like. Also I think it would be easier for Doug to learn Carley's skills rather than her learning Doug's.

• I chose Carley because she has a gun.No more reasons.

• I chose Carley because she had a gun and I was hoping that she'd help me save Doug. She's also a female, so she got what Lee wants...

DAT PUSS

Add Comment