User Avatar Image

Telltale, I still haven't played your game. And that's YOUR fault.

posted by marioluigi344 on - last edited - Viewed by 365 users

Please read this. It's long, but i need you to hear me out.

I still haven't played the walking dead.
I know the story, but i haven't played it yet.
Steam doesn't work on my computer, so that is not an option.
Your crappy app for the walking dead doesn't get by the main menu, even after i payed money for the "multi pack" or whatever, which you still haven't fixed or given me my money back for.

So, I bought the walking dead for Xbox 360.

Don't.Get.Me.Fucking.STARTED.

The damn game is an unplayable barrage of shit.

It's like you took the GREAT original game, took some glitches, cuts, lagging, skipping and freezing, but it all in a blender and out came this terrible excuse for a video game.

Did you remember to put the damn thing in an Xbox and test it?

I don't know what's wrong here.

The fact that you are ignoring all the complaints, NOT giving us any information on fixing it other than "It's coming, wait"

Or the fact that you released this "game" in the first place.

Something tells me your team of monkeys down at telltale is busy counting the money they ripped us all of and not actually doing anything to fix ANYTHING.

So far, you owe me 30$ for the Xbox game plus another 14.99 for the "APP".

That comes up to 49.99$ (tax not included)

So either fix this shit, recall the game, or give me back my fucking money.

Have a nice day.

~Pissed off,scammed consumer.

12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not one to get involved but:

1. I own the iPhone app and it works flawlessly.

2. My brother owns the 360 one and we have encountered no issues whatsoever.

Therefore it leads me to believe you are using an outdated apple product or a faulty Xbox. My iPod 4 struggles to get past menu due to low ram. But iPhone 5 is beauty.

Begging for money when you only have yourself or your products to blame is wrong.

• @Frostixa said:
    Begging for money when you only have yourself or your products to blame is wrong.

This.

• I have no idea what you're talking about. My game works fine. Quit whining.

• Telltale has not scammed you in any way. You watched their game for free twice online before even buying it...jerk.

Your 3 year old iPod doesn't play a brand new game? You should have checked the system requirements just like any app you buy from the app store you don't deserve a refund for that. You should blame nobody but yourself for this situation. Instead of trying to get your copy working, you decided the sensible thing to do would be... BUY IT AGAIN!!!

I don't know what to tell you for the xbox version, except people with the malfunctioning retail copy are being awarded digital copies of the game if they take a picture of the game and their tv and send it to Telltale or something. As far as the quality goes, the xbox port is very well done with better controls then pc or ios (IMO) and a much smoother version of the game in general.

If you want some actual support from Telltale, take it into the damn Support forums and actually try to solve your issues don't post a thread like this here it's incredibly pointless even if it helps you vent frustration it won't gain you any sympathy OR help. Want help? Go to the support forums!

• @dubesor said: Wrong Forum.
    Xbox support: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83
    iOS support: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Those would be good places to start. Your problem with the 360 version sounds like the "hitching" issue. Apparently newer 360's with the 4GB internal memory can't play the retail version of the game properly without adding a hard drive. There's a thread for that issue in the support forum. There's also an option to claim a downloadable version of the game if you can prove you own a retail copy of it and and one of the affected 360's by filling out this form.

Don't know what to tell you about the iOS version other than post in the iOS support forum and see if anyone else has had similar problems. If you want a refund you could try emailing support@telltalegames.com. I did that when I couldn't get the PC version to work on my computer and was eventually given a refund. That was for buying directly from Telltale though, not sure what if any procedure there is for buying through the iTunes.

As for most everyone else, way to not be helpful fellas. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to get a bug free play through of The Walking Dead. :(

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Those would be good places to start. Your problem with the 360 version sounds like the "hitching" issue. Apparently newer 360's with the 4GB internal memory can't play the retail version of the game properly without adding a hard drive. There's a thread for that issue in the support forum. There's also an option to claim a downloadable version of the game if you can prove you own a retail copy of it and and one of the affected 360's by filling out this form.

Don't know what to tell you about the iOS version other than post in the iOS support forum and see if anyone else has had similar problems. If you want a refund you could try emailing support@telltalegames.com. I did that when I couldn't get the PC version to work on my computer and was eventually given a refund. That was for buying directly from Telltale though, not sure what if any procedure there is for buying through the iTunes.

As for most everyone else, way to not be helpful fellas. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to get a bug free play through of The Walking Dead. :(

To be fair, his hostile and entitled attitude probably didn't help.

• Telltale Support has answered zero questions for gamers with iOS issues. The only solutions put forth were other forum members who were gracious enough to lend assistance. In some cases, even brand new iPad's were having issues with downloading the games or having save states go between episodes.

Since the support is so terrible, it would make sense for the forum moderators to allow some support topics to persist in the regular forum, that way useful forum members would see the issues and maybe provide help. I doubt the average forum member frequents the support areas.

Anyway, the issue with the retail packaged disc extends beyond just 4GB slim models. Other forum members here have commented that the 250 GB Elites and the special edition Gears of War version also have problems.

By the way, the original poster's entitled attitude stems from the fact that Telltale Games will not reply to support inquiries. Any email to them or post in the support forum is either met with silence or an apathetic canned response. Telltale is basically telling gamers to go pack it, and the frustration level of those gamers spills out onto regular forum posts.

If you all think $60 is nothing, then it makes sense that Telltale would t simply refund the $50. After all, $50 shouldn't be anything to get worked up over right? Telltale should be more than happy to offer refunds since the monetary amount in question is inconsequential.

• @Frostixa said: I'm not one to get involved but:

1. I own the iPhone app and it works flawlessly.

2. My brother owns the 360 one and we have encountered no issues whatsoever.

Therefore it leads me to believe you are using an outdated apple product or a faulty Xbox. My iPod 4 struggles to get past menu due to low ram. But iPhone 5 is beauty.

The attitude of posts like this is worse than the attitude of the original person who created this thread.

Telltale has leaned on gamers thinking like Frostixa which has allowed them to continue releasing buggy and poorly coded games. Their support forum often blames user error for known gaming issues.

However the frequency of the issues and the similarity of negative experiences should have predicated their decision to actually fix their product. Unfortunately, since the game seems to work okay for a few forum members, then Telltale has resorted to the notion that they do not need to provide recourse to affected gamers because it's the fault of the gamer and not the fault of the developer.

• It's all very peculiar that there are a big group of people who can play the game without any problems on any device, and there's another group of people who have error after error after error...
    I agree that people are shouting that the game is fucked and that Telltale should fix it, but how do they explain the fact that there are people downloading, running and finishing it smoothly?
    I am between the two groups because I shouted just as hard in the beginning of the release; I've had multiple errors as well, but now nothing, everything runs perfectly (OS X 10.7.5).
    Getting a refund though is just a pipe-dream. It may seem like it's the only way to go, and believe me, I wanted one too, but when there are even a couple of people who can play and enjoy the game, TTG will have the higher ground here and no one will be able to force them to give refunds.

This does NOT however make up for the radio silence from Telltale support. A simple "we know there are people with problems" e-mail will just not do. There are a couple of moderators here who at least TRY to help, but I just don't understand why nobody from development team of Telltale Games is offering any support. They're busy, I'm sure, and Fable is probably going to be awesome, but without people buying the products, this won't matter. Any company or any product needs fans to survive.

This discussion has been closed.