User Avatar Image

Should the St. John brothers return (if you let them live)?

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 945 users

I'm not too sure how much of a part they could play in season 2, since there's only so many different story paths Telltale could cram into five episodes, but should they make some kind of appearance regardless?

I think Telltale could make things a little easier on themselves by having the brothers show up as walkers, with a few minor differences depending on Lee's actions in the last game. One way or another, the farm was being overrun by zombies, and it's unlikely they would have escaped even if Lee allowed both brothers to live. If Lee killed Danny, for example, we'd see Walker-Danny appear with a pitchfork still impaled through his chest. Or if Lee shot Andrew through the head instead of kicking him into the fence, Walker-Andrew wouldn't appear at all. Little details like that wouldn't give Telltale too many grey hairs, but it would still give ongoing players a treat, so to speak.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who were the St Johns planning on feeding you had one of your members not been injured by bandits anyway? They kept promising a dinner, but they certainly wouldn't have known that someone was going to be shot by an arrow later that day.

• @Kid22 said: Who were the St Johns planning on feeding you had one of your members not been injured by bandits anyway? They kept promising a dinner, but they certainly wouldn't have known that someone was going to be shot by an arrow later that day.

They did know. It was arranged between them and the bandits. The bandits could have easily killed Mark. Maybe even Lee, who was probably their target.
    They only used the bandits as an excuse to kill Jolene, who would have spilled out their plan(to kill them and eat them).

• Who the hell let them live?!?

In both my playthroughs, I didn't hesitate in killing those fuckers.

• @Mark$man said: They did know. It was arranged between them and the bandits. The bandits could have easily killed Mark. Maybe even Lee, who was probably their target.
    They only used the bandits as an excuse to kill Jolene, who would have spilled out their plan(to kill them and eat them).

I don't think the bandits had any part in it. The St. Johns had probably planned to knock Lee and Mark unconscious by turning the fence on(knowing they would be out there), then retrieve them and cut them up.

• I remember being really shocked when I looked at the end-of-episode stats and saw that only 17% of people killed both of them. I myself didn't hesitate at all in killing either one; my general rule is to not leave people who want to eat me alive.

• @Mornai said: I don't think the bandits had any part in it. The St. Johns had probably planned to knock Lee and Mark unconscious by turning the fence on(knowing they would be out there), then retrieve them and cut them up.

Well then the rest of the group is going to wonder what happened to them when they get there. Some version of the St. Johns "deal" with the bandits was probably still on. If you kill Jolene and mention her after Danny steps in the trap he says "That bitch never got it! She almost fucked up our best deal!" Clearly something was still going on between the two groups.

• I believe walker Bri was the winner of the pre-order-be-a-npc-die-and-come-back thing. so she kind of had to come back lol. It would be a neat sort of Easter egg, but I don't know if they should, so to speak. I agree that too much fan pleasing can be disappointing. Would I think it was cool if we saw them again? Yes. Would I be surprised? No. I like to be surprised :P

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Well then the rest of the group is going to wonder what happened to them when they get there. Some version of the St. Johns "deal" with the bandits was probably still on. If you kill Jolene and mention her after Danny steps in the trap he says "That bitch never got it! She almost fucked up our best deal!" Clearly something was still going on between the two groups.

I think in that case, they would tell the group that bandits had killed Lee and Mark while they were on the outskirts of the farm and walkers ate their remains or some such, then the group would probably leave and head back to the Motor Inn(in which case the St. Johns lose nothing but gain more food to trade). I also think Danny meant that Jolene almost told the bandits that they were receiving human meat, since she herself used to be one and probably had contact with them.

• When the bandits attack you and Mark outside the fence, I heard them say "We had a deal, now you're fucked!" There is also the possibility that it wasn't actually the bandits who shot Mark. The arrow he got hit with had a different colored tail than the arrows the bandits used, and even came from a different direction. It could be that the St. Johns were going to shoot either Mark or Lee while they were walking the fence, and blame it on the bandits, giving them someone to chop up. The bandits may have just been lurking in the woods, and saw Lee and Mark as a perfect opportunity to send a message to the St. Johns.

• @Robert Morgan said: I'm not too sure how much of a part they could play in season 2, since there's only so many different story paths Telltale could cram into five episodes, but should they make some kind of appearance regardless?

I think Telltale could make things a little easier on themselves by having the brothers show up as walkers, with a few minor differences depending on Lee's actions in the last game. One way or another, the farm was being overrun by zombies, and it's unlikely they would have escaped even if Lee allowed both brothers to live. If Lee killed Danny, for example, we'd see Walker-Danny appear with a pitchfork still impaled through his chest. Or if Lee shot Andrew through the head instead of kicking him into the fence, Walker-Andrew wouldn't appear at all. Little details like that wouldn't give Telltale too many grey hairs, but it would still give ongoing players a treat, so to speak.

well the only time seeing andy st john again would have been with the bandits in the start of ep 3, if you let him live that is it could have been cool to see andy team with the bandits to go after lee and his group and lily would shoot him in the face

Add Comment