User Avatar Image

"Banjo Kazooie 3DS port is possible" says Rare

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 691 users

One of my brothers and I were talking about Banjo-kazooie as we were chilling out watching the walking dead. One of his friends who was with it us told us that Rare said that a 3DS port of the original Banjo-kazooie would be sweet. This was two weeks ago. Now, someone tweeted to Rare asking about the bear and bird hitting the 3DS. They responded that its possible.

See for yourself here.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196961

Your thoughts? I think a 3DS game of Banjo-kazooie could work.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think "anything's possible" isn't as strong as you seem to think it is! It's just a bit short of "no unless circumstances drastically change".

• This just sounds like Rare is saying "maybe one day it will happen". Its up in the air at the moment. I do remember seeing a few Rare made titles for Nintendo's handheld gaming(Diddy Kong Racing DS). So there might be a chance this could happen. Who knows. I know it would be sweet to see it become a reality.

• I really hope they make a port for the 3DS. I never played a Banjo game but it looks pretty damn fun. Now if there was a Cronker 3DS port to go with it too then that would be great.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

If you have an Xbox 360, you can check out the game on Xbox Live Arcade. The port is pretty good.

• @Leplaya said: This just sounds like Rare is saying "maybe one day it will happen". Its up in the air at the moment. I do remember seeing a few Rare made titles for Nintendo's handheld gaming(Diddy Kong Racing DS). So there might be a chance this could happen. Who knows. I know it would be sweet to see it become a reality.

Yes, but I could also say "maybe one day I'll become President" or "maybe one day I'll end up with all the money in the world." Neither's actually going to happen. This seems a very firm dismissal and there's very little to no possible positivity in the responses so far.

• @Leplaya said: This just sounds like Rare is saying "maybe one day it will happen". Its up in the air at the moment. I do remember seeing a few Rare made titles for Nintendo's handheld gaming(Diddy Kong Racing DS). So there might be a chance this could happen. Who knows. I know it would be sweet to see it become a reality.

It's a rights issue, unfortunately. Diddy kong as a character s wholly owned by Nintendo. As were most of the characters in the game. However, banjo and conker are owned by Microsoft and so were removed from the DS port. In order to release a banjo kazooie game on 3DS, Microsoft would have to license it. Which will never happen.

• @Friar said: It's a rights issue, unfortunately. Diddy kong as a character s wholly owned by Nintendo. As were most of the characters in the game. However, banjo and conker are owned by Microsoft and so were removed from the DS port. In order to release a banjo kazooie game on 3DS, Microsoft would have to license it. Which will never happen.

Or Nintendo manages to get Rare back... but that will never happen, because without Rare, who will develop Kinect shovelware for Microsoft?

• Well, how about Bung-

Never mind.

• How about you sell BK off to Retro Studios, Rare, or I shove my fist inside you from behind.

• @Secret Fawful said: How about you sell BK off to Retro Studios, Rare, or I shove my fist inside you from behind.

I didn't know Microsoft owned Burger King!

Add Comment