User Avatar Image

Things you want to do in Season 2

posted by o0HeaDShoT0o on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

What are the things that you are wanting to be able to do in Season 2?

For me, I'm hoping that we get to use Michonne's strategy where you get to bring a walker with you after taking it's arms and jaw to get to a destination through a path filled with walkers and kill any that gets too close.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @anonymau5 said: Wait, really?

"Oh, hey Clementine. The walkers just got half of our group, whatever, at least we can play hopscotch!"

I don't really think it fits with the setting.

Ha, very funny.

I mean additional interactive, like this, for example to play poker with a friend in the camp, or something of the sort, to diversify the gameplay

• @zev_zev said: Ha, very funny.

I mean additional interactive, like this, for example to play poker with a friend in the camp, or something of the sort, to diversify the gameplay

Yeah, I do agree, just the idea was a little funny. I think the first season was a little weak on game play and very heavy on story, which just gave ammunition to all of it's critics. Minigames might be used to add a little more of things to do. As long as it's optional, of course.

Perhaps the game could track all of the decisions we make with a person, make it not a binary scale of "this person likes you" and "this person wants you to die in a fire" like big decisions (Saving Kenny's son) could really change your relationship with a person a lot, while small decisions (Trying to avoid a fight with Larry in episode one) would change your relationship a small amount. And doing a mini game with them or doing a side quest for them (Helping Carley with the batteries) would change your relationship the smallest amount.

• @anonymau5 said: Yeah, I do agree, just the idea was a little funny. I think the first season was a little weak on game play and very heavy on story, which just gave ammunition to all of it's critics. Minigames might be used to add a little more of things to do. As long as it's optional, of course.

Perhaps the game could track all of the decisions we make with a person, make it not a binary scale of "this person likes you" and "this person wants you to die in a fire" like big decisions (Saving Kenny's son) could really change your relationship with a person a lot, while small decisions (Trying to avoid a fight with Larry in episode one) would change your relationship a small amount. And doing a mini game with them or doing a side quest for them (Helping Carley with the batteries) would change your relationship the smallest amount.

Like in Dragon age, but i think that "Clementine endorses +5" would be...strange.
    In TWD I like that the relations between the characters are not measured in figures.
    But a little mini games would be nice for gameplay. The main thing that it must be not necessary ( as search batteries).
    For example: Your camp in the supermarket. You and your people planning to make a sortie to look for food or to rob bandits, no matter what it would be.
    You've finished planning, your mission will start on the following morning, and now you have free time. To start a new Chapter of the episode (the mission which you planned) you need to lie down to sleep (click on the sleeping bag).

But you can talk to someone from a group, or play a game of poker with smb, or for example the one man in the group got the last candy, he will give it to you, if you can defeat him in armwrestling (QQQQQQQQQQQQ E - very difficult, as like killing a stranger ). This candy you can present to Clem.

• @zev_zev said: Like in Dragon age, but i think that "Clementine endorses +5" would be...strange.

No, I don't think it should show you your relationship with characters.

• I'd like to be able to do stuff with our group other than talk. One of my favorite scenes in the first season was probably the attic in Episode 5, after the "adult conversation" where Lee sat down with everyone and just had a chat. Passing around the whiskey and just talking was pretty nice, even if the subject was mostly on Lee's death.

• @zev_zev said: Ha, very funny.

Hell yeah. I agree with you and anonymau5, mini-games would be awesome, as would small interactions that subtly alter your relationship with characters.

• @anonymau5 said:
    "Oh, hey Clementine. The walkers just got half of our group, whatever, at least we can play hopscotch!"

I don't really think it fits with the setting.

Maybe not hopscotch per say, but moments with a lighter tone, like pushing Clem on the swing or chatting up history with Omid can be great.

Calmer moments like that with the characters give the tragedy all the more meaning.

• @Mikejames said: Maybe not hopscotch per say, but moments with a lighter tone, like pushing Clem on the swing or chatting up history with Omid can be great.

Calmer moments like that with the characters give the tragedy all the more meaning.

Yean, that what I'm talking about!
    I remember that Clem told Lee that she played soccer, I want to play with her mini-soccer or hopscotch, it's a cute little moment of happy live makes the story more dramatic and cinematic.

• @zev_zev said: Yean, that what I'm talking about!
    I remember that Clem told Lee that she played soccer, I want to play with her mini-soccer or hopscotch, it's a cute little moment of happy live makes the story more dramatic and cinematic.

Ironically there's a chalk hopscotch court in front of the R.V. in episode three, so the opportunity was right there. There was also a hopscotch rug in the classroom in Crawford, all though that probably wouldn't have been a good time for that. :p

• i don't know about riding horses and having walkers as pets :/ but i hope S2 will have a chance to be more open,like following a map from your own judgement,choice to go by car,on foot,send someone else,send a group,choices of playing it safe with chances of death in the group or danger and chance of survival for more.open endings,hardest difficulty for mega happy ending lol but still a chance,maybe a option to form who you want in your group?

Add Comment