User Avatar Image

German translation

posted by Schogette on - last edited - Viewed by 830 users

Hey Telltale,

great job with the game. It really makes very addictive to play.

But the english language in the game is not very easy. Is it possible to get a german version soon ?

Will buy the german retail version for PS3.... :D

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Hi Schogette! If we do announce a German version in future, you'd see it on our Facebook page for The Walking Dead, and on our blog.

• Apparently, there will be a German Retail at the End of April, according to Amazon. http://www.amazon.de/The-Walking-Dead-Telltale-Series/dp/B00BT96QRC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363215233&sr=8-2

PC and Xbox too. I will definitely support this though i already have the Downloads. Its just worth it and i want a Disc Version anyway ;)

Now to hope this won't be buggy as heck. :o

• Retail version comes out for sure...but with german language ...?

This will be an instant buy. This game is really really good.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The German retail version has German subtitles and screen texts, but no German dubbing/voices. Just FYI. :(

• @Vainamoinen said: The German retail version has German subtitles and screen texts, but no German dubbing/voices. Just FYI. :(

Nooooooooo :(

Especially for this game it would be worth it...

• @Vainamoinen said: The German retail version has German subtitles and screen texts, but no German dubbing/voices. Just FYI. :(

Well i for one can live without it. German Subs and all is well.

German Dub might destroy the Atmosphere.

• @Fangster said: Well i for one can live without it. German Subs and all is well.

German Dub might destroy the Atmosphere.

maybe...

but you can choose between languages...very sad :(.

All other Telltale games are multilanguage

• Living here in germany too and I must admit I understand the game well enough, only had to google for 2 words "vulnerable" and "vulture" however german synchronizations mostly suck, or at least aren't as good as the original english ones, it would definitely destroy the atmosphere because Telltale as a rather small dev and publisher, wouldn't have much budget to spend for such things and it would end up sounding that way. Only thinking of how both Lee and Kenny's, and also especially Clementine's emotions would kind of partially get lost in the proccess, as the original voice actors did an increadibly great job. German subtitles would be great though, since not everyone over here in germany understands the english language well enough to enjoy this game in its full epicness, and the downloadable fan submitted ones pretty much... suck and only are available to those who play on pc, I know people put effort into those, but they seem like someone just... copied the original text to google translator and pasted it back in...

Schogette: müssen wir halt wohl oder übel mit leben, aber scheint zumindest so, als würden sie deutsche untertitel für die retail-fassung machen, immerhin etwas.

• Naja *Snip* ist jetzt nicht so der knaller, wenn Chuck plötzlich "wirf" heisst mal als extremstes Beispiel, denk ich mir manchmal, inwiefern da wirklich Menschen übersetzt haben, denn ein Mensch würde wohl wissen, dass Chuck ein Name ist, ich gehe mal davon aus, dass es irgend ein Programm war, freu mich daher schon auf eine offizielle Fassung, für die, die da wirklich von profitieren würden, u.a. ein paar Freunde :D

Aber haste auch irgendwie recht, die sind "relativ" gut gelungen, gibt schlimmeres.

Add Comment