User Avatar Image

There is just one thing about this game I didnt like

posted by paultheuglydog on - last edited - Viewed by 605 users

Why did they have to say G-D so many times? Why couldn't they have just found another way to say it without making fun of God?

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think they used the word "god" to make fun of it, when people loose everything, they tend to seek reassurance in their faith.
    Words like "goddamn" though, are just used so much, because they wanted to make it close to reality and people talk like that - like it or not - just like they use the F-word very often if they are in bad situations or bad mood, and those are given circumstances in the ZA. People feel bad all the time, they're easy to provoke and tend to say such words all the time. Especially Kenny...

• [quote=paultheuglydog;778975]why did they have to say g-d so many times? Why couldn't they have just found another way to say it without making fun of god?[/quote]

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD

Get over it.

• ... here we go again.
    With all the horrible things in the game, you're gonna complaint about the language?
    They are just words, that's all. There are no bad words, only bad context.

• @paultheuglydog said: Why did they have to say G-D so many times? Why couldn't they have just found another way to say it without making fun of God?

Fuck it, it's how people talk it has nothing to do with god...

• There is over five minutes of plain profanity. Get over it :P

• Video game where children die, implied rape, swear words, gore occur but oh geeze they crossed the line by saying "god."

• Could it have been over used though?

• @anonymau5 said: GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD

Get over it.

I love the maturity of people these days... Someone obviously doesnt like when people use that word lightly, and you (being the amazingly nice human being you are) find it amusing to repeat it 9 times for no apparent reason other than having different opinions on the matter..

ZeroShot on the other hand shows the nice and understanding side that people can still display even if his beliefs arnt the same as the poster, he can still be mature about his response. So i applaud that action.

I will however say that it is odd you find that offensive but not any of the pervasive language used constantly throughout the game.

• @J_Scheff said: I love the maturity of people these days... Someone obviously doesnt like when people use that word lightly, and you (being the amazingly nice human being you are) find it amusing to repeat it 9 times for no apparent reason other than having different opinions on the matter..

ZeroShot on the other hand shows the nice and understanding side that people can still display even if his beliefs arnt the same as the poster, he can still be mature about his response. So i applaud that action.

I will however say that it is odd you find that offensive but not any of the pervasive language used constantly throughout the game.

Ain't I a stinker?

Also, the OP obviously is offended by the word god. So, best to make the OP get used to it so that when they leave their fictional world where no one uses any words that could be considered offensive (Which the OP will inevitably have to do) they're prepared for the real fucking world.

Also...

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD

• @paultheuglydog said: Why did they have to say G-D so many times? Why couldn't they have just found another way to say it without making fun of God?

Jesus Christ... don't bring religion in this game. It's a VIDEO GAME. Get the hell over it.

Add Comment