941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff

@AmbiguousRes said: To my understanding, Omaha is where you have 4 cards in your hand instead of 2 like in texas holdem. So you have a greater chance of getting a better hand?

That's correct. It is a little quirkier than holdem, in that you have to use exactly 2 of your 4 holecards and exactly 3 of the community cards. Thus, if you have holecards like 4447, you might get excited because you have 3 of a kind, but alas you can only use 2 of the 4s when making up your final hand.

• Is there a chance for a scene where Brock talks to Sal the Cockroach?

• @wellgolly said: Telltale Employees, may I ask what your idea of who "The Player" is supposed to be?

Are they supposed to be their own character, since they've apparently been around since your first card game?
    Now that they're dragging loot around to multiple other games, I guess the implication is also that they're you, the person controlling whatever characters you control in any game.

But now non-video game characters are here, so I guess it extends outside of just games.

Am I ever not playing as The Player?

This shit is giving me an existential crisis.

The Player is an AFGNCAAP.

I like to believe he/she/it is the same AFGNCAAP from Zork just to make things interesting.

• @HoboStew said: That's correct. It is a little quirkier than holdem, in that you have to use exactly 2 of your 4 holecards and exactly 3 of the community cards. Thus, if you have holecards like 4447, you might get excited because you have 3 of a kind, but alas you can only use 2 of the 4s when making up your final hand.

This should be very fun then

• @ttg_Stemmle said: Well spotted. What mysteries does Sam's new model conceal?

Y'know, other than looking pretty damn snazzy.

Mike

I hope that that statement doesn't end up being responsible for a wave of disappointment. There've been so many "April Fools" shenanigans over the past 30 hours that it's all starting to feel disrespectful rather than funny.

It was nice to spot Max in there as well :D
    Do we know if he'll have any voiced lines?

• @RAnthonyMahan said: The Player is an AFGNCAAP.

I like to believe he/she/it is the same AFGNCAAP from Zork just to make things interesting.

Oh, thank god. I'd been afraid to take off my pants in the shower since Poker Night 1 came out.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Ribs said: Is there a chance for a scene where Brock talks to Sal the Cockroach?

Sal's dead, baby :)

Also, if you're insinuating that anyone at Telltale would stoop so low as to sully the good name of Poker Night with inside jokes, metatextual witticisms, and various other sorts of "fan service" tomjackery, then I must take great offense, and harrumph in your general direction.

Harrumph, I say!

Mike "'Harrumph' has two r's" Stemmle

• I call shenaningans, there isn't a character page for Mad Moxxi.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@wellgolly said: Telltale Employees, may I ask what your idea of who "The Player" is supposed to be?

Personally, I've always thought of the player as you (well, not YOU specifically - I mean me, but if you were playing, it would be you).

@wellgolly said:
    Do we know if he'll have any voiced lines?

We do know!

He does.

Add Comment