Telltale has assembled quite a large cast of recurring characters by now. I'd really like to know what people think of them. Who are the favourites, who are the most annoying? This may also give some feedback to the developers.
I apologize if this thread has been done before, I couldn't find anything on the last few pages.
So, characters I like:
- Sybil. It's like the concept of "tragic relieve" - even in a comedy you need to have a few serious scenes in order to accentuate the humor and to provide a change in pace. I like Sybil because she is relatively normal. In all the crazyness of the world of Sam & Max, it's nice to have someone with whom you can have a regular chat. She also seems to be a nice person and is kind to Sam & Max.
- Bosco. I don't find his paranoia or his disguises very funny on their own, but he did provide many hilarious bits of dialogue.
- Flint Paper. Unbelievable cool, although he was out of form in 203.
- Superball. Even more deadpan than Sam, just great.
- Stinky. I just love it when Sam & Max joke about her having killed the real Stinky. They don't seem to care at all.
- Jimmy Two-Teeth. Cute, and his son was awesome.
- The Bug. Quite funny, and he can provide clever puzzles.
- The C.O.P.S. Especially the arcade machine.
Characters I don't like:
- The Soda Poppers. That they are supposed to be annoying doesn't really make it better.
- Mr. Featherly, Abe Lincoln, Harry Moleman. Just not that funny, and they are often unfriendly towards Sam & Max and by extension the player.
- The Frankenstein Monster. A candidate for a few recurring appearences. Seemed a bit bland.
My favourite character is probably Flint, my least favourite are the Soda Poppers.
What do you think?