User Avatar Image

How Do You Feel About Telltale's Direction?

posted by Alcoremortis on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

Just like the good old days, back when a simple discussion of who the best male and female users on the forum were could turn into half the people here changing their avatars to eyevatars... and still seem perfectly natural.

I miss those days.

293 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: Just like the good old days, back when a simple discussion of who the best male and female users on the forum were could turn into half the people here changing their avatars to eyevatars... and still seem perfectly natural.

I miss those days.

Aye, 'tis true. This forum sure ain't what it used to be. Personally, I feel that it started going downhill ever since Doodo! was cast out. Perhaps he placed a curse on this forum!

• I'd personally say it's because the old forum regulars don't have anything to discuss about Telltale's new games, and discussion on the old games has run dry. Without the on-topic silliness, we've lost people, and the off-topic silliness has decreased.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I am frankly stunned that none of you have blamed me for the decrease in quality foruming. Stunned.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I'd personally say it's because the old forum regulars don't have anything to discuss about Telltale's new games, and discussion on the old games has run dry. Without the on-topic silliness, we've lost people, and the off-topic silliness has decreased.

That's most likely the case.

I must admit that I've been considering finding a new forum to jump ship to for a while now. I still love many of the users here but it's just too much like a darn ghost town at times.

I also don't care for the direction that Telltale are moving in with regards to their new games. Sadly, there's not too much of a reason for me to stick around anymore. :(

I was thinking about maybe joining the RetroGamer community.

• Darth, When you don't want people to blame you then don't post telling them to blame you >_> (Btw this is a joke)

Anyway seriously it does seem like there's hardly anything to talk about TTG's games. We all seen what the TWD fourms turned into with people crying about episodes not being out exactly a month later and people just being assholes and making fake threads to just spoil things for people. With Fables and & TWD Season 2 coming, it seems like we won't be getting any comedy or puzzle style adventure games for a while.

• To be honest, LucasArts has been taken out back and shot, and it also feels like Telltale--what was left of old-school LucasArts--has declared adventure games as dead to them.

It makes me sad.

• So people aren't happy because Telltale are doing new things and will continue to do so instead of keeping a certain subset of fans happy by making old things newer using nostalgia as a method of forward planning?

• @St_Eddie said: That's most likely the case.

I must admit that I've been considering finding a new forum to jump ship to for a while now. I still love many of the users here but it's just too much like a darn ghost town at times.

I also don't care for the direction that Telltale are moving in with regards to their new games. Sadly, there's not too much of a reason for me to stick around anymore. :(

I was thinking about maybe joining the RetroGamer community.

If/when TTG releases their new website and "community" page, you can bet a bunch of other old members like me will consider jumping ship as well.

• We could all move to Doublefine and confuse people with our inside jokes!

Speaking of... haven't been there in awhile. I made a couple posts and then forgot what my password was.

• @corruptbiggins said: So people aren't happy because Telltale are doing new things and will continue to do so instead of keeping a certain subset of fans happy by making old things newer using nostalgia as a method of forward planning?

I'm not happy because the games they make now are mindless drivel for the LCD.

Add Comment