User Avatar Image

Make it Multiplayer Oh please...

posted by dak1ne on - last edited - Viewed by 740 users

C'mon you know that if poker night is multiplayer everybody will want to play and share this game, this would be really amazing and i think it's quite easy to do, even with the possibility to create a lobby or join one randomly like on left 4 dead.
I really hope the next episode or even this one (after an update) will be multiplayer !

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why would you want a multiplayer mode for poker night? The point of the game is to see these 4 random characters interact, not to play with friends. If you want to play Poker with friends, then find a game about that, not one about dialogue that the majority will completely ignore if they played with friends.

• Like Gman said, Poker Night is about the single-player experience you have with these characters. I, for one, would love the pipe-dreamed notion of multiplayer in Poker Night; where I can play poker with my friends and gamble my Invenotry/TF2 items with them. Obviously this will never come to fruition because Telltale's main goal with this is the character reactions between well-known faces. Until they can achieve this character-interaction while in a multiplayer game, the chances of multiplayer in Poker Night or extremely low...

• You could still have the dialogs while playing with others...

@Nintendo Boy1 said: Until they can achieve this character-interaction while in a multiplayer game, the chances of multiplayer in Poker Night or extremely low...

That's what i'm talking about.

• Well if you see the discussions in the steam community half of the threads seem to be about hats.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234710/discussions/0/810921273876655423/

40% about we want multiplayer and 10% about the characters.

• @dak1ne said: You could still have the dialogs while playing with others...

But no one is going to listen to it. Defeating the point of having these characters.

Also, this game would probably be a financial nightmare if they have to get the liscences for all of these franchises, get the voice actors, code the game, update the engine/graphics(as shown with Sam's new model), advertise the game, submit this game to the consoles, and THEN top it off by having to figure out multiplayer servers(which aren't cheap), create the remixed music for everything, all for a $5 poker game which gets split between Telltale, Valve, 2K games, Adult Swim(or whatever makes Venture Bros), and the guys behind Evildead.

I'm pretty sure they want to make some money off of this game.

• @Gman5852 said: having to figure out multiplayer servers(which aren't cheap)

On consoles, maybe, but on PCs at least, players could run their own server or they could use a peer-to-peer system.

I agree though that the concept isn't well suited to multiplayer.

• Includes a multiplayer mode in which you can play against other users. You can create and customize your own avatar for the occasion! You can choose to have already-existing characters as computer players! You can have more or less than five players in a poker tournament! You can choose the dealer, the voices for certain characters (i.e. you can choose between whoever voices Ash in Poker Night 2...[pause for clarity]...and Bruce Campbell), and of course the deck, chips, and table felt! As with Poker Night 2, match the themes of the latter three, and the Inventory will change!

What do you folks think of this?

• There's tons of other free online poker games you can play instead. Online for The Inventory is not going to happen.

• Bump! I'd even pay for a multiplayer DLC, and recommend/gift the game to friends. :) I like this game, and i would love to play it with my friends.

Would it hurt anyone if it had an MP mode? Some people would love one, those without friends could still ignore the MP mode.

• If it had multiplayer it would be a generic poker game...

Add Comment