User Avatar Image

Decisions that affect the story>Season 2

posted by Elements on - last edited - Viewed by 354 users

It's probably already been brought up before, but the "choices you make" affect the outcome of the game, that Telltale so heavily advocated, was virtually nonexistent. I mean sure you were able to choose between two choices, which then yielded a specific result, but as many players noted, and pointed out they were scripted. A perfect example of this is the Ben and Carley scenario that happens outside the RV, instead of it just being Carley who winds up with a bullet to the face, there should've been an opposite outcome involving Ben. I mean it's two choices, so there should be two different outcomes. Hopefully, should Telltale make the same statement for season two, it will be true.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Basically it's your choice of dialogue options that can take you down different paths that lead to the same outcome. An interactive movie maybe?
    That's fine by me as long as they can make another awesome story.

• I'm all for TTG making an improvement and make the choices you make in season 2 much more meaningful. While a majority of the choices you made throughout season 1 didn't really effect the ending, I really did feel like my choices mattered prior to the ending. This is where TT could take full advantage and make several of the choices from season 1 affect season 2. For example, most people felt that deciding to go at night/day with Clementine during the first episode didn't seem to effect anything at all. What TT can do here is use either Chet or the other cop(forgot his name) and get one of them to appear, depending on who you met, of course. Another example is choosing to save either Duck or Shawn. Something that they can do is if you saved Shawn, maybe Hershel would appear in season 2 and offer you(main character) a place to stay. And if you saved Duck instead, Hershel would probably still appear but would have a much harder time trusting other people which could cause him to not even offer you a place to stay and you'll have to find your own shelter. I could go on, but you know where I'm getting at. These are just some of the situations that could come and make a huge impact on season 2.

• I think that the reason our choices seemed limited in S1 is because they were setting the foundation for S2. Will Clem trust strangers, and, more importantly, will she trust those in her group? Will she consider taking things from seemingly abandoned cars and dwellings stealing or surviving? Will she take into consideration that there might be people out there who want her specifically? Will she have the fortitude to kill when necessary?
    These are choices that we made over the course of our gameplay in S1. As Lee, we didn't live long enough to see what impact these choices would make. I hope that in S2 or S3, we will see very different variations of Clementine.

• @Elements said: Ben and Carley scenario that happens outside the RV, instead of it just being Carley who winds up with a bullet to the face, there should've been an opposite outcome involving Ben. I mean it's two choices, so there should be two different outcomes. Hopefully, should Telltale make the same statement for season two, it will be true.

You're just a butthurt Carley fan, aren't yah? :p

... I'm in the same boat. :(

• Me thinks i should not of told Clem to meet O&C at the train ,that could be a bad call :D hahaha

• @CarScar said: You're just a butthurt Carley fan, aren't yah? :p

... I'm in the same boat. :(

Aren't we all?

• @Clemmy1 said: Me thinks i should not of told Clem to meet O&C at the train ,that could be a bad call :D hahaha

Probably better than sending them in a futilely random direction in search of a replacement boat.

• @Mikejames said: Probably better than sending them in a futilely random direction in search of a replacement boat.

Hell, I was never a fan of the boat plan. I listed the problems with it pre-episode 3. Still, you're forced to go along with it no matter what.

Among my reasons for being against the plan? Coastal regions have the highest population density in the world; in the U.S., over half the population (now living impaired) lives in a coastal area.

Heading to the coast to get away from zombies is like heading to Death Valley to get away from the heat, it's pants on head stupid.

• @Rommel49 said: Hell, I was never a fan of the boat plan. I listed the problems with it pre-episode 3. Still, you're forced to go along with it no matter what.

Among my reasons for being against the plan? Coastal regions have the highest population density in the world; in the U.S., over half the population (now living impaired) lives in a coastal area.

Heading to the coast to get away from zombies is like heading to Death Valley to get away from the heat, it's pants on head stupid.

Well, if you get past the coast and actually get into deep water, it's probably one of the safer routes a surviving group can take. With how much those shambling corpses struggle to even stand, the thought that they could manage to swim around in an ocean is laughable. On the surface, you have nowhere to run.

Think of it as heading through Death Valley to get to the shade behind it.

• @Mornai said: Well, if you get past the coast and actually get into deep water, it's probably one of the safer routes a surviving group can take. With how much those shambling corpses struggle to even stand, the thought that they could manage to swim around in an ocean is laughable. On the surface, you have nowhere to run.

Think of it as heading through Death Valley to get to the shade behind it.

Like I said, among my reasons, not the only one.

Hint, what's the population density of the ocean? The reason you won't find many zombies there is because people tend not to live there. There's a reason for that. By the same token, you probably wouldn't find many zombies on the Moon, either.

Even if the plan "worked" (insofar as getting the group out to sea), you're still screwed, just for different reasons. A person trying to survive on just fish is looking at getting scurvy and Beriberi, but fortunately they wouldn't live long enough for that to be an issue because they'd die a horrible death from dehydration well before then, since they're surrounded by water they can't drink.

And if you posit that the group could just return to the mainland to scavenge for supplies, they might as well not leave it in the first place; since by definition they'd have to return to the densely populated coast.

As a survival plan, it sucked.

Add Comment