User Avatar Image

Ep. 3 - Was Duck really bitten?

posted by Thag on - last edited - Viewed by 528 users

Hello guys,

Awesome game, but this question has kept me busy since last night.

I played Episode 3 and I was convinced Duck was not actually bitten. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, pointed in that direction.

I mean, the whole substory about Duck and his allergy pointed me in that direction:
1. First you learn Clementine and Duck are teasing each other with the bugs.
2. Then you learn Duck found some new bugs.
3. Then he is bitten, but you never see a real bite wound. What I see looks like an allergy reaction.
4. Then the complete irrelevant information that Duck is allergic to bees.
5. Even more information, he eats everything?!

So I assumed Duck ate / tried to eat a bug he found (a bee), and the bastard stung him.
I expected a sidestory where you would find out he was actually not bitten but stung etc. etc....

Uhm.. Nope, he has to die anyway... Bye bye Duck?!

I didn't complete the game yet, but does this come back? I checked the fora, but couldn't really find any info...

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He looked a bit too ill to just be an alergic reaction to bees...
    Bee allergies don't really make people COUGH UP BLOOD...
    I'm pretty sure he was bitten

• @Hudomonkey said: He looked a bit too ill to just be an alergic reaction to bees...
    Bee allergies don't really make people COUGH UP BLOOD...
    I'm pretty sure he was bitten

Haha, the moment he started coughing up blood got me thinking too :D, but after that we got all this extra irrelevant info...

Seems so pointless now :confused:...

• Episode 3 is the best in the game,everything seems to be settling down when this happens...I really liked Duck,so his death was shocking and unexpected.Him getting bitten at the motel was very much like outside the drug store and im just wondering now if Kenny and Kat was keeping something back..because when you talked to Kenny at the farm about how his family is doing he mentions something about Duck.BUT forget that :D he went ill too quickly after the motel.

• @Thag said: Haha, the moment he started coughing up blood got me thinking too :D, but after that we got all this extra irrelevant info...

Seems so pointless now :confused:...

I think that's the point. Katjaa can't do anything for Duck, so she's sort of reminiscing about random little quirks he has such as allergies, because she knows he's most likely going to die.

• @Thag said: Hello guys,

Awesome game, but this question has kept me busy since last night.

I played Episode 3 and I was convinced Duck was not actually bitten. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, pointed in that direction.

I mean, the whole substory about Duck and his allergy pointed me in that direction:
    1. First you learn Clementine and Duck are teasing each other with the bugs.
    2. Then you learn Duck found some new bugs.
    3. Then he is bitten, but you never see a real bite wound. What I see looks like an allergy reaction.
    4. Then the complete irrelevant information that Duck is allergic to bees.
    5. Even more information, he eats everything?!

So I assumed Duck ate / tried to eat a bug he found (a bee), and the bastard stung him.
    I expected a sidestory where you would find out he was actually not bitten but stung etc. etc....

Uhm.. Nope, he has to die anyway... Bye bye Duck?!

I didn't complete the game yet, but does this come back? I checked the fora, but couldn't really find any info...

You see a zombie land on him and his mom who was right there -- closer than you were -- says he was bit. Also, in the hard to get duckpockalypse death, its implied he comes back as a walker and kills everyone. Also, he was bit.

• I agree you don't really see a bite, but I don't see how he was anything other than bit. I don't think an allergic reaction to a bee sting will produce effects that Duck experienced.

• Dear god, maybe BEES started the end of the world!

Apocalypse solved, gang.

• @Rock114 said: Dear god, maybe BEES started the end of the world!

Apocalypse solved, gang.

You get a scooby snack.

Add Comment