User Avatar Image

TWD, AMC, Season 3... Sucked.

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 362 users

Was it just me or Did season 3 suck something awful? I mean the first half was pretty cool and set it up for something sweet. The Episode Clear was one of my favorites of all time. But the finale, and Season 3 as a whole was a big let down. Nothing really happened and nothing was resolved. Not to mention the attempt to make the Governor as evil as he is in the comics was done terribly. Lots of his "evil" scenes were forced and somewhat cheesy. I am a die hard fan of TWD but just extremely disappointed.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @J_Scheff said: Was it just me or Did season 3 suck something awful? I mean the first half was pretty cool and set it up for something sweet. The Episode Clear was one of my favorites of all time. But the finale, and Season 3 as a whole was a big let down. Nothing really happened and nothing was resolved. Not to mention the attempt to make the Governor as evil as he is in the comics was done terribly. Lots of his "evil" scenes were forced and somewhat cheesy. I am a die hard fan of TWD but just extremely disappointed.

Totally agree, that was worst season ending. Why they didn't follow the comics story? It will be great ending of season (read issue 48). AMC disappointed me very much. I don't even know will I wait, and watch the next season or not.

All hope for the second season of the game, and the new issues of comics.

• I was getting gradually bored by the lack of a good show since around the beginning of season 2, but at I least I managed to get through the second season. Need over a month to watch one episode now, watching like 10 minutes at a time.

• Season 3 built up much, and I was thinking we'd see a huge epic Prison vs Woodberry battle, but the last episode... it killed the season as a whole. As just some episode it wouldn't have been that bad, but as the season finale, the one before, where Merle died would have been way better, even the mid season finale was way way way better than the last episode. I just hope, they take all the flame they're getting for it as constructive criticism, and make up for it with season 4.

• @zev_zev said: Totally agree, that was worst season ending. Why they didn't follow the comics story? It will be great ending of season (read issue 48). AMC disappointed me very much. I don't even know will I wait, and watch the next season or not.

All hope for the second season of the game, and the new issues of comics.

I know I was wanting the whole execution scene from the comic, as much as I like all the characters it would have made for great cinematic drama and a great ending for the season. Instead the Governor loses, snaps, and drives away. STUPID.

@zev_zev said: I was getting gradually bored by the lack of a good show since around the beginning of season 2, but at I least I managed to get through the second season. Need over a month to watch one episode now, watching like 10 minutes at a time.

I thought the second season was really good. They spent a little too long searching for Sophia, but the mid season finale pretty much dead already made up for that easily. The second half of season 2 was just brilliant as well, and faster paced for the people who were complaining about it being slow. But season 3, a few good episodes, but it was just full of cheesy moments and bad directing and story writing in general.

@zev_zev said: Season 3 built up much, and I was thinking we'd see a huge epic Prison vs Woodberry battle, but the last episode... it killed the season as a whole. As just some episode it wouldn't have been that bad, but as the season finale, the one before, where Merle died would have been way better, even the mid season finale was way way way better than the last episode. I just hope, they take all the flame they're getting for it as constructive criticism, and make up for it with season 4.

I agree fully. The sad thing is they have completely turned me off and im not even excited for season 4. I will probably give it a shot but not expecting anything good. They really did set it up for something big to happen, instead nothing was resolved.

• Plus, the Governor in the series looks harmless like Ben :)

• @zev_zev said: Plus, the Governor in the series looks harmless like Ben :)

Haha yes! that is true. I was really looking forward to just an evil man like the comics. Another area of disappointment

• @J_Scheff said: I know I was wanting the whole execution scene from the comic, as much as I like all the characters it would have made for great cinematic drama and a great ending for the season. Instead the Governor loses, snaps, and drives away. STUPID.

I thought the second season was really good. They spent a little too long searching for Sophia, but the mid season finale pretty much dead already made up for that easily. The second half of season 2 was just brilliant as well, and faster paced for the people who were complaining about it being slow. But season 3, a few good episodes, but it was just full of cheesy moments and bad directing and story writing in general.

I agree fully. The sad thing is they have completely turned me off and im not even excited for season 4. I will probably give it a shot but not expecting anything good. They really did set it up for something big to happen, instead nothing was resolved.

Don't worry, the new showrunner for S4 has been responsible for what many say are the best episodes of the show, like Clear.

• @Kryik said: Don't worry, the new showrunner for S4 has been responsible for what many say are the best episodes of the show, like Clear.

I want the guy, who made the season 2 finale to be in charge. Hopefully that's who also is responsible for episodes like "clear", which in my opinion was a very interesting episode, as it brought somewhat of a change to the third season.

• @ZeroShoot said: I want the guy, who made the season 2 finale to be in charge. Hopefully that's who also is responsible for episodes like "clear", which in my opinion was a very interesting episode, as it brought somewhat of a change to the third season.

That finale was brilliant but I think the guy in charge of S3 actually made that, I'm unsure though. I liked the change Clear brought, I hope more episodes like that in S4, just going out for supplies and meeting people in different scenarios

• @Kryik said: Don't worry, the new showrunner for S4 has been responsible for what many say are the best episodes of the show, like Clear.

This seems to be the fourth showrunner. The last of them - Glenn Mazara said "I didn't like the way which series began to follow ", or something like that. What if he tryed to follow the comics scenario, but the AMC did not want to follow the scenario of the comic, so Glenn Mazara decided to leave?

Add Comment