User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 12.9K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

170 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale: Lee Everett, Guybrush, Homestar Runner

Valve: Pretty much anyone from Left 4 Dead. Francis or Ellis, preferably. A DOTA character might be interesting, too.

Adult Swim: Pretty much every character the OP said. Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, to start things off. A character from The Boondocks like Granddad, or Uncle Rucus if Telltale's willing to deal with his racist personality. TOM 3.5 from Toonami would be pretty fun to play with, especially if you get Steve Blum to voice him (which he would love to do, he loves Toonami and TOM). Black Dynamite (DYNOMITE! DYNOMITE!) would be a fun player, too. And finally, Early Cuyler from Squidbillies.

Misc: Raiden (Metal Gear Solid), Scott Pilgrim, Adam Jensen/JC Denton (Deus Ex), Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend), (longshot because Disney isn't gonna give any characters to a M or T rated gambling game but) Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), and maybe a Saints Row character to boot (Pierce?)

• From Valve, I'd like to see the G-Man play. I wanna find out who he is...

• Telltale: Kenny or Ben from The Walking Dead. Seeing them again would really be a treat. I'd also like to see Coach Z rise from the H*R's grave
    Valve: What he said, and probably the Medic as well.
    Adult Swim: Any Superjail! character would be an interesting addition, as well as possibly Hank Hill, considering they have the rights to his series now, Harvey Birdman, and Space Ghost.
    Other: Dirty Harry, Freddy, Niko Bellic, and probably any of the characters from Double Fine.

• Of those not yet mentioned in this thread nor had a work represented in any game of the series as of yet:

Valve: Alyx Vance, Barney Calhoun, Nick

Misc: Dr. Horrible, Murdoc (Gorillaz), Randy Marsh (South Park), Razputin (Psychonauts, or Sasha Nein if they won't allow Raz in a speakeasy), Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)... among some other things

EDIT: However, if they are to return some already-represented characters, I'd like to see Bubs, 21, the Spy, Wheatley and Handsome Jack.

• Chippy / Pom Pom / Gromit / Putty from Seinfeld

• Actually, now that I think on it, I wonder what items all these guys would put up for grabs as Unlockables...
    Coach Z: Either his Reynaldo turban for the Sniper, or his own Medallion, for Scout or Demoman.
    Kenny/Ben: The Sniper Rifle that reappears all throughout the games for the Sniper.
    Medic: His coat, allowing the players to remove it
    Superjail! character: Jacknife's... knife for the Spy.
    Hank Hill: His glasses for the Engi
    Dirty Harry: His iconic suit for Spy
    Freddy: Those claw thingies for... either Engi or Spy
    Niko Bellic: His Jacket, for the Heavy
    Double Fine Character: Depends on the game, naturally.

• Purely theoretical; assuming licensed characters from any and everything:

Sterling Archer for sure. Sarcastic, arrogant, lovable asshole.

DeadPool. Imagine all the 4th wall breaking opportunities, could also fill the wacky crazy 'max/claptrap over the topness insane' roles.

Zoe from L4D, a pop culture geekdom video game playing character that can reference and play off plenty of banter, plus fills the 'Token' Female role that has been absent so far. (GLaDOS not included - not a player)

Miles Edgeworth. Dry, Deadpan, Pompous, wit. The "card sharp" of the group and 'Sam/Tycho' Straight man role.

@BrianBoyko said:
    and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

HA! or that. Yeah definitely that. :D

• BrianBoyko: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K

YES! ALL THE YESSES! Anyone from MST3K is good for me, or, to make it even better, any bot from MST3K is good for me. Crow or Servo in the ''Strongbad/Claptrap'' crazy short character role would make an instant buy from me.

• TTG: Guybrush & Homestar
    Valve:Spy or Weatley
    Adult Swim:Harvey Birdman
    Dealer:Heavy or Soldier

Add Comment