User Avatar Image

Poker night 2 (Xbox) keeps freezing - 'Press A to deal hand'

posted by SchmalContent on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

It keeps freezing randomly. For example both ash and claptrap busted and claptrap left the table and ash is still stuck at the table. They are all waiting for me to play. They all keep talking but only the start button works. None of the other buttons work, so I cannot continue my game. PLEASE PATCH THIS GAME!! I really want to play uninterrupted.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Having the same issue. its encapsulated in this dude's video ( I am not this dude).

The glitch persists over the save file as after I shut down my system, restarted and selected "continue tournament" the same error is encountered.

Any short term solutions are welcome.

• I am having the same problem. I just bought the game this morning and I'm on the first tournament. It's down to me and Ash and it keeps saying, "Press A to deal next hand" but it won't work. I've tried 2 different xbox controllers and exiting and reloading the game several times. Please fix!!

• I am currently in the top 10 on the Xbox 360 version of Poker Night 2. Needless to say I have played many games and this time I am fed up with it. You see the game will occasionally (4 times for me) become stuck on the "Press A to Deal the Next Hand" bubble and the only fix for this is to forfeit your game and start a new.
    On a side note, you can return to the dashboard on the river and prevent loss by doing so. This basically nerfs the entire point of having leaderboards and puts my competition on the honor system. -_-
    I love the game. I love the a.i. I love all the choices and work put in to my new favorite little addiction but these things must be patched. At the very least, the one forcing me to start over.

• Same for me

I'm getting to the point I not going to bother with Telltale games anymore after all the hassle with Walking Dead and now this, Telltale REALLY need better quality control

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

We are looking into this issue, but based on the when the game saves, you should not see this screen again after continuing the tournament. Have you fully shut down your Xbox and restarted?

To help us try to reproduce this, please provide any details you can. So far it seems that this occurred when Ash busted out on the first tournament. If you experienced this with any other character or during a later tournament, please specify that. Thanks!

• I love this neat little XBL game I recently downloaded but I am having a freezing issue as well where it gets stuck on the "Deal next hand"...It's happened three times, once I was able to reset and resume the tourney the other two times I had to start a tourney all over.
    I have a slim console with a large memory hardrive. This has happened after one of the AI players is eliminated only.
    Love this game, but if you could fix the bug, it's be great.
    Thanks for the work.

• I've gotten this error three times. Every time it has been when the last character busts, and it's only Sam and I left. After the last character busts, and walks away, and it tells you to press A to continue, it will never let me press A. I can press start, but that's all. I've tried leaving and coming back, clearing the Xbox cache, and deleting and reinstalling the game. It never lets me continue though. The running theme for me, is it has always been when it comes down to me and Sam.

• I've encountered this error 3 or 4 times. The first time I managed to get it to work somehow, I cannot remember what I did. I have been trying to recreate the work around but have been unable. :(

I have tried all sort of restarting the game, restarting the console, power state changes, etc. Nothing seems to work. Every time I continue the tournament, I get back to the same spot. Most recently, today, it was a Texas Hold'em game with Brock and Claptrap. Claptrap had won and when you hit A to continue, you get an audible DONG, all three players scores go white indicating they are back in bot nothing else happens. Not a lock situation because players sit there and look around but nothing else happens.

>> Have you fully shut down your Xbox and restarted?

MattP, yes that does not change the symptoms at all in my experience.

Please give us some things to try.

xY

EDIT: DO not recall who busted out but will try to keep an eye on this bit of info.

• @MattP said: We are looking into this issue, but based on the when the game saves, you should not see this screen again after continuing the tournament. Have you fully shut down your Xbox and restarted?

To help us try to reproduce this, please provide any details you can. So far it seems that this occurred when Ash busted out on the first tournament. If you experienced this with any other character or during a later tournament, please specify that. Thanks!

Im not sure what you meant about "first tournament" but I will recall the occassions. First time it happened was with me and brock remaining. Second time was with sam. Third time was when ash busted out and all other players remained. Fourth time was with me and sam again. I have noticed it only occurs when a player busts out. I am unaware of any other patterns.
    Also the first time it occurred was on my third tournament and sam put his banjo up. He was also first out and I had the sam and max theme. Best of luck to you all.

• @SpcSamRI said: I've gotten this error three times. Every time it has been when the last character busts, and it's only Sam and I left. After the last character busts, and walks away, and it tells you to press A to continue, it will never let me press A. I can press start, but that's all. I've tried leaving and coming back, clearing the Xbox cache, and deleting and reinstalling the game. It never lets me continue though. The running theme for me, is it has always been when it comes down to me and Sam.

Exactly the same for me

Claptrap busted and only me and Sam remain, but I've had it with other characters

in my game at least it seems to be when Claptrap busts

turning off the xbox etc doesn't help at all

Add Comment